Misogynist internet grifter arrested after humiliating tweets gave away his location, or why you don't mess with Greta

3 Likes

Even so, Romania isn’t that small. I bet one phone call to Jerry’s would give the cops Tate’s precise address.

I’m not trying to nit-pick you, I just so want this part of the story to be true!

5 Likes

Andrew Tate and his brother have a house in Romania. The question wasn’t where in Romania he was but whether he was in the country.

7 Likes

Ah, gotcha.

(I still want it to be true, though, damn it). ETA - I guess it kinda is, now I’ve thought about it, so thanks.

Anyway, here is some actual Small Dick Energy: Richard Hammond crashing for 6 minutes and 27 seconds - YouTube

2 Likes

Maybe this will provide some solace - there’s a big difference between Tate saying on his own Twitter feed that he’s in Romania (to his thousands of followers) and getting in a Tweet fight with Greta Thunberg (millions of followers) that goes viral well outside the boundaries of Twitter. The first probably had Romanian authorities thinking, “shit, we might have to pick this guy up after all”; the second would leave no doubt.

7 Likes

If the case against them was really hot, you’d think they’d have been arrested/held as they entered the country.

If the case was ready but not that hot, someone would periodically check if he was in the country, and it’s possible that the Twitter fight triggered an early check. :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

That does provide a quantum, thank you.

1 Like

22 Likes

It’s really neither here nor there but this made me think of Jerry’s Subs in our area – they also sell (and I’m trying to be generous here) pizza. It’s some sad, sad pizza; it’s a low bar that better pies may be had elsewhere, but better pies may also be had for less scratch. Sad!

Box Ecommerce GIF by Mediamodifier

Anyway before I saw this guy was in Romania, I’m thinking “who the hell would order from Jerry’s?” So there’s that.

5 Likes

Yeah, I put them in the same category as Little Caesars.

2 Likes

Of the two I’d definitely go for the Little Caesar’s, which is saying something.

6 Likes

Um. Is it actually true that Tate was released within a day after some questioning?

Not according to any reputable sources I’ve seen. I don’t read Romanian so I can’t verify what the original media reports say but the fact-checkers seem to be shooting down that rumor.

7 Likes

nick-amaro-squadbot

5 Likes

this is the best thing to happen on Twitter is a long time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.