Mitch McConnell stops talking mid-sentence during press conference

I think someone wiggled his power plug out of his port. I had an old laptop that would do this way too easily.

12 Likes

I had a teacher who suffered from atypical absence seizures, which look remarkably similar to whatever this was. In her case, though, we all cared about her and made sure she was kept safe during her seizure. For Mitch, I wouldn’t lift a finger to help, because fuck him.

23 Likes

Gun jam?

7 Likes

System crash. Hard reboot.

14 Likes

Yeah his face appears to droop in the video, although it looked like both sides - combined with the speech it looks like a stroke.

9 Likes

Mandatory retirement FFS! The man is decomposing before our eyes.

9 Likes

The real question is, is there a Democrat with a name confusingly similar to his that’s willing to run for his seat in the election to replace him when he eventually crashes and can’t be rebooted?
Pretty much guaranteed victory, most of his voters probably barely look at the ballot. They definitely either don’t pay any attention to the news, or don’t give a damn about anything.

9 Likes

That is an outstanding idea.
big mouth no notes GIF by NETFLIX

15 Likes

38 Likes

My first thought is a complex partial seizure, focus of onset in the temporal lobe. That cessation of activity, staring, with neither a drop of muscle tobe nor spasms; no focal weakness or asymmetry immediately observable.

He is not able to speak but follows simple direction with gentle nonverbal complement, guiding him to step to the side. After a brief temporal lobe event many would react similarly, looking perplexed, “there but not quite there.” The fact that he returned a few minutes later (though didn’t speak) would also be consistent with this.

I don’t think it was a stroke. A transient ischemic attack (TIA, what used to sometimes be called a “mini-stroke,” a vague and misleading term) is possible, but this seems a quicker than expected recovery.

Given that he has been treated with anticoagulant meds recently, his staff should be concerned about a possible hemorrhage in the brain. Chances are they gave him a quick assessment and found he was already clearing; otherwise they should have taken him for immediate assessment and brain scan to rule out hemorrhage. That he didn’t get an immediate trip to the ER or radiology also suggests a clearing, shorter event like a partial seizure.

Which would still require prompt assessment, just not as emergent as a potential brain bleed.

Or maybe he already had a brain bleed, and this is not his first such event. In which case it’s time to boost his anti-seizure medicine.

Or maybe he’s just doddering and demented, and up until now he and his staff have been able to hide it better. Or maybe he feasts on the blood of younglings and was unable to get his scheduled human sacrifice today, but that’ll be harder to verify.

26 Likes

Failing that, switch off and on again.

18 Likes

“At a press conference today Mitch O’Connell (81) told reporters, “This week, there’s been good bipartisan cooperation and a string of, uhhhhhh……””

He probably, at that moment realized that he had said something positive and it freaked him out.

17 Likes

He’s a Grade A asshole, but that’s still sad to see, since I’m pretty sure that he is after all a fellow human being.

He’s pretty clearly past his ability to serve effectively. Why oh WHY do so many public officials think they should basically stay in office until they die?

17 Likes

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

16 Likes

Too bad he can’t treat other human beings as fully human.

28 Likes

Yeah, likely so, since most people who get a lot never have enough.

9 Likes

Kristen Wiig Yep GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

10 Likes

… much less groveling and bootlicking from one’s toadies after retirement :frog:

7 Likes

I get that everyone here hates the guy but presumably he has loved ones or a trusted staff member or an in house doctor that would immediately get him some emergency care.

I mean, my insurance sucks but if that happened to me and my wife or daughter or neighbor was present 911 gets called without even giving me a say in it.

Of course they all care about me.

Same goes for anyone in my life that acts like that, I immediately call a family member and if I can’t reach them instantly, 911 is called.

Seems odd that he came back out unless he’s already under the care of a doctor but then don’t the people he’s representing have a right to know he can no longer represent them?

Wierd. Or not, he is a politician.

8 Likes

:rofl:

9 Likes