Mob of young MAGA hat wearers surrounds Native American elder and mock him [UPDATED WITH NEW VIDEO]

to @TornPaperNapkin 's point…things get nebulous in certain areas. We have that here in New England. Where CT is definitely part of NE, but New York which is North East, isn’t. So I get it entirely.

But when the town is Northern Kentucky…and Kentucky generally identifies itself as a southern state. I don’t think it is inaccurate to say Covington KY is southern, nor is it a misconception.

And truth be told…I meant southern in the “southern gentleman” mentality more than anything else related to the south. These kids are clearly not gentlemen, southern, northern, or any other kind.

1 Like

Maybe… if there are enough negative consequences for their actions that actually impact their real lives, like being denied admittance to the colleges of their choice because of this video…

Let’s just agree on that point and move on; I’m not trying to derail the actual topic at hand.

8 Likes

How sad I feel watching those misguided – or at best unguided – young Americans making America great again by taunting with ignorant glee a descendant of those Americans here earliest.

Americans disrespecting Americans. We are cannibalizing ourselves, the young devouring the old scalding the defenseless robbing the greedy starving the needy grabbing at nothing.

18 Likes

I want to believe that’s true, but it’s assholes all the way up in this day and age and I am sure they will find a place.

7 Likes

Those photographs will haunt those kids for the rest of their lives.

16 Likes

My kids are 8 and they clearly remember the pre-Trump era. He’s only been in office two years, even if every day in that time has felt like the life-age of the earth.

25 Likes

Good.
At that age those little shits should know that this behaviours is unacceptable.

14 Likes

I’m afraid the college of Their choice won’t see anything wrong with this behavior.

14 Likes

When their names are reported by the mainstream media, with identifying photos, can the stories be posted here?

Please note: I’m not trying to be a dick. I’m genuinely asking about a policy clarification to know when something is “doxxing” and not allowed versus whether there’s a time when CNN says “Joe Blow, a senior at this school,” and that can be posted without issue.

6 Likes

I don’t think minors should get a magic pass for everything. If they’re old enough to be a physical threat to anyone, they’re old enough to be held responsible for violent or threatening behavior.

Funnily enough, the Klan was also rabidly anti-Catholic. Well within living memory, Catholics would have been on the receiving end of nativist sentiment, not the ones dishing it out.

18 Likes

Wait…what they did was violent and threatening?

They may be disrespectful and close minded assholes…but nothing they did was violent whatsoever. If the driver of that car in Charlottesville had been 16/17, I would agree with your statement. But in this case these jackasses aren’t in that category. We do have shades of grey here.

1 Like

These are teenagers, so no. That’s not the case. They were most certainly not too young to have paid attention to Obama.

14 Likes

These pre-pubescent Trump youth party members have perhaps have confused Wounded Knee with Take a Knee?
” “If Elizabeth Warren, often referred to by me as Pocahontas, did this commercial from Bighorn or Wounded Knee instead of her kitchen, with her husband dressed in full Indian garb, it would have been a smash!”

9 Likes

He%20persisted

31 Likes

That smirking little shit. WTF was he thinking? (And not just him, but all the kids who have surrounded and are harassing the guy.) What point did he think he was making? I am actually curious. Whatever it was, it was damned ugly; there is no innocent explanation possible.
The image of a smirking teen from a religious school in a MAGA hat getting in the face of a Native American veteran (for no other reason than because the guy was native)… it’s the Trump phenomenon in a nutshell.
[Edit: and it neatly puts the lie to the idea that the Trump movement is about “immigrants” rather than just pure racism.]

Hell, you can see the accompanying adults in the background, egging the kids on…
I blame the adults. And the “kids.”

Not when the adults in their lives are actively encouraging them to be assholes, certainly.

Yeah.

I hope so, too. More likely, they’ll just learn to be private racists.

Well, they should, anyways.

32 Likes

Also, a whole busload of party bros marching against abortion, something that will never effect them in the slightest… but I digress.

28 Likes

They’ll be proud.

The pictures might help their future political careers.

11 Likes

Truth:

24 Likes

I think of incidents like these when people say, “Life will be better, we just have to wait for all the old racists die off.”

So now racism will be all finished as soon as these dorks die off in their nineties? Or ninety years after their bonehead children?

21 Likes

Yep, I’ve also seen that gleeful look of malice before:

I think that’s a big part of why this is hitting me so viscerally. I’m used to seeing racists being angry, screaming, etc. But this smug smirking bullshit feels worse, because when I’ve encountered it, it’s always meant, “I know I can get away with what I’m doing to you.”

[That] is the face of a consequence-free life.

46 Likes