More than 30-50 Feral Canadian Hybrid "Super Pigs" reportedly headed towards USA

So we’re too late to stop the Canadian takeover.

Oh well. They produce such great comedians, decent beer and cheap whiskey (personally prefer Seagrams to Jack Daniels). Plus I have to give them props for singularly representing North America against the Nazis from 1939-41

6 Likes

We thought you’d get the message when we burned down the White House in 1812. :grimacing:

(Okay technically that was the British, but they came from the (at the time) Dominion Of Canada)

6 Likes

I blame the way American public schools teach history. They leave out that the American Revolution and War of 1812 were also failed efforts to conquer Canada.

Quebec is one of my favorite cities in the Northeast. You take one look at the upper Old City with its high cliffs and commanding view of the river and you can see why efforts to conquer it were doomed.

8 Likes

Huh. I can find cheese curds pretty easily. I guess it’s nice to be in a cheese-producing area.

4 Likes

I wonder if MTG will convince the Biden Administration to launch fighters.

5 Likes

Wait, you can get cheese curds from Oregon pretty easily (Tillamook). No idea why they’d go all the way to Wisconsin to source cheese curds.

2 Likes

Well, since Wolfe’s capture of the city in 1759 anyway.

4 Likes

Face Rock Creamery in Bandon also makes excellent cheese curds! That’s at least somewhat closer to LA…

3 Likes

Put a price on their heads and “our” problem will be solved. :sunglasses:

The only thing that stops a bad pig with a … :confused:

3 Likes

The A-10 Thunderbolt II “Warthog” would be ideal, ironically.

5 Likes

This video is the best argument that the AR-15 is not an animal hunting rifle I’ve ever seen.

3 guys in a helicopter blazing away at a herd of feral pigs and not one animal dies or even slows down. The AR-15 is a people hunting rifle. WTF.

1 Like

ahh… tillamook. as best as i could find the lawsuit is still ongoing

the suit argues that although tillamook claims to be a collective of small farmers, the bulk of their milk comes from a single mechanized farm in eastern oregon

4 Likes

“Taylor Cary, crew chief, Helibacon feral pig hunting service”

Aw rats, I just got some cheddar from Tillamook, first time trying it, on recommendation from a local cheesemonger. It’s good, but a lot of cheeses are good.

3 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text (1)

4 Likes

We don’t get much call for it around here, sir.

6 Likes

Oh No Omg GIF by LAIKA Studios

Well, that sucks. I love their butter and ice cream…

3 Likes

Too bad they’ve been retired. I mean that sincerely, I really like that tough little plane.

2 Likes

I understand 21 (of 281 total) are supposed to be mothballed this year, but right now this appears to be it. Apparently mainly because there isn’t a replacement in sight yet.

2 Likes