More than half of Americans actually think Trump is handling coronavirus well

No problem. I’m really privileged at the moment. I’m also really weak-willed.

Thank you, too.

4 Likes

I can guarantee that at some point that orange fucker will try to take credit for the sudden drop in mass shootings the country is experiencing right now.

14 Likes

I think you are wrong - I know three people in the UK who have tested positive for COVID - fortunately none of them needed hospitalization. And I don’t have a particularly big social circle.

I think this will affect everyone in the country - even if they don’t lose family or friends they will know people who have lost their jobs or businesses. And in the continued absence of any plan to pay people during this crisis (apart from the mythical promise of checks), the number of people who will lose everything is likely to go higher and higher.

3 Likes

I think you meant to say Marital Law.

5 Likes

He tells us comfortable lies rather than hard truths. Much of the handling, organization, and coordination to combat the pandemic is being administered by state governments, even if the federal government is writing the checks.
I don’t really track what Trump has to say anymore. Out of practicality, I am following the governor of my state (Gavin Newsom). D.C. is too far away for me to worry about right now.

3 Likes

I hereby resign my membership in Homo sapiens. I’m now just an unspecified humanoid.

5 Likes

Well us population is well larger. And out population density is much lower. There’s only 15,000 or so cases diagnosed in the US so far. Out of 330 million people. And there aren’t outbreaks everywhere.

There’s is a pretty damn good chance that a good chunk of US residents don’t know anyone who knows anyone who’s gotten sick yet. And with only a few hundred dead here there’s a pretty slim chance an given person knows some one who’s died.

1 Like

Give it a few days, and then a few days again.

Couple of exponential steps down the path and it’ll change.

2 Likes

Exactly what I said. As soon as those people who think this is going great have to deal with sick and dying family members they’ll flip pretty fast.

2 Likes

That poll is probably the full accomplishment of the Jared Kushner Coronavirus taskforce.

3 Likes

They aren’t building temporary emergency hospitals. Kim Jong Un has ordered (or, it might be more accurate to say, announced) the construction of a new general hospital in Pyongyang.

Never underestimate Donny’s teflon coating. It’s waaaay thicker and more durable than any of us want to believe.

3 Likes

REPORTER: What is your message to Americans who are scared right now?

TRUMP: [Launches into long unhinged attack on reporter for unfair question]

Leadership!

9 Likes

If we believe he’s doing a good job, maybe he’ll do a good job :grimacing:

4 Likes

And yet, they’re rather talk to him than a Democrat, not that it seems like the Democrats want to talk to anyone.

Yes citizen, it’s totally a wild coinkydink that they announced a new hospital just as they started building it, just as the coronavirus outbreak happened, and it’s going to be complete in less than 7 months, which is totally the normal length of time required to build a modern hospital. (Meanwhile, also coincidentally, there are unexpected school closures and the military has suddenly gone weirdly inactive.)

3 Likes

This is what happens when the president is a narcissistic sociopath who thinks all questions are about him (and all statements of negativity are attacks on him) and who has no empathy. He could only see it as a personal attack (to which he had to respond), and he’s incapable of words of comfort or leadership at the best of times. (I think Trump’s whole notion of leadership involves attacking “bad things” - people, countries, policies - and that’s it. The idea of leadership for him is both reactive and negative.)

Pence then got up after Trump and answered that question, effortlessly. Which any politician at the federal level should be able to do, even the bad ones, but it just leaves Trump totally lost.

11 Likes

9 Likes

Yep that’s what I meant…talking about trump made me dumber

2 Likes

Yep You’re right I screwed up.

1 Like