Morrissey just published a scathing open letter to Johnny Marr: "Stop using my name as click-bait"

About six years ago, I would’ve laughed and said “Delightfully silly and provocative, but that’s just too hideous to be true.” But now that I’ve figured out which timeline we’re on…

L Word Yes GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)

12 Likes

Seriously, or just joking?

Last night I saw this posted unironically on my FB feed: “I need to find Kid Rock’s two newest songs on cd. Love them!” :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I consulted the oracle bones, pyromancy.

You can’t get any more certain than that.

10 Likes

16 Likes

It’s a douche off; World Championship.

14 Likes

Talk about me!
Don’t talk about me!

6 Likes

I’m all for pyromancy as long as it involves right wing assholes.

Wait, or is that pyrokinesis…? Heh, use one to achieve the other I say!

2 Likes

Apparently one of them has “Let’s go Brandon” as the chorus. I … I mean you can’t even make fun of these people anymore, because they embrace the joke. Like, how do you make fun of that?

5 Likes

I never liked the smiths, esp that whiny, awful, creepy voice. I was rather surprised years later to discover how
ACCURATE
my assessment was.

A GF made me listen to her smiths tape whenever we drove around, hoping she could force me to like them. Singing along to her tape didn’t help. It never worked, and I didn’t like her anymore, either.

9 Likes

different strokes, man. as a young gay kid in the midwest, they were a lifeline.

13 Likes

They are the joke.

9 Likes

“… but anyway, I’ve spent long enough talking about myself… how about you? Tell me, what do you think of me?”

12 Likes

That’s better. :blush:

8 Likes

Well let’s see…

1. nothing egregious, fairly standard assholishness.
  2. the people that agree with Morrissey probably don’t like him either.
  3. nothing tastes as sweet as The Smiths when I’m feeling dramatically insufferable.

Looks like I’m still separating.

1 Like

The fascist can ask Marr to stop using his name, but I don’t think he’ll get what he wants.

10 Likes

“and said that immigration diminishes British identity.”
You should have thought of that before you swallowed half the countries in the world into your British Empire. Is there any food more British than a curry?

16 Likes

Need some cultural help from the UK readers - is Morrissey at twot or a twaat?

3 Likes

“We are here because you were there.” - Ian Sanjay Patel

13 Likes

:laughing:

4 Likes

Everybody think of something to blame him for

7 Likes