Mother shocked to discover a gay drama teacher, demands refund

LOL I love the whole “oh, and by the way, they were signed up to perform in Rent” last line.

5 Likes

She rudely and proudly did this on Facebook where everyone could be privy to her communication with him, and got what she deserved on Facebook where everyone could be privy to her communication with him.
Perfect karma.

13 Likes

I can imagine a fellow church member saying “Ummm, do you know what Rent is about?”. And the world suddenly crashing down around her.

3 Likes

Just as well really. With all the teeth-gnashery and wailing, you might inadvertently have given the word asunder an extra s. Who knows what images such an error may have engendered,

3 Likes

Rent?
I would have asked for my deposit back as well. I hate that show.
Some of the songs are OK.

as a Christian I cannot allow my children to be influence by unconventional idea

Tee hee. I kind of love this quote. A moment of clarity. I’m not a bigot, y’see, everything I don’t understand terrifies me equally. It’s almost progressive.

12 Likes

Ha. People just take the cake sometimes.

I was looking for an old Doonesbury strip where Jeremy Cavendish learned someone was gay, and said he hoped none of those people ever got into the arts. It was really well done.

5 Likes

“I disapprove of what you like to do with your genitals and it’s important to me that I approve of what you do with your genitals.”

24 Likes

Then perhaps you’d like to inspect them.

6 Likes

I’m just happy to see that British bigots and American bigots have so much in common.

1 Like

To be fair, it looks like it was Facebook Messenger, not Facebook proper.

PSA for all gay drama teachers out there. You need extra language in your tuition sign-up form. Here it is, feel free to copy and adapt:

1. No refunds in whole or in part will be issued. All payments are final.

2. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating in any way to [the
    agreement/the relationship] including without limitation any dispute concerning
    the construction, validity, interpretation, enforceability or breach [of the
    agreement], shall be exclusively resolved by binding arbitration upon a Party’s
    submission of the dispute to arbitration. [In the event of a dispute, controversy or
    claim arising out of or relating in any way to [the agreement/the relationship], the
    complaining Party shall notify the other Party in writing thereof. Within thirty
    (30) days of such notice, management level representatives of both Parties shall
    meet at an agreed location to attempt to resolve the dispute in good faith. Should
    the dispute not be resolved within thirty (30) days after such notice, the
    complaining Party shall seek remedies exclusively through arbitration.] The
    demand for arbitration shall be made within a reasonable time after the
    claim, dispute or other matter in question has arisen, and in no event shall it
    be made after two years from when the aggrieved party knew or should have
    known of the controversy, claim, dispute or breach.]

(I threw in the arbitration clause just for shits and giggles.)

7 Likes

It’s not just the gay drama teachers. Anyone who wants to provide their services to the public should give at least some thought to what’s going to take place when - not if - they end up dealing with a disgruntled person with unreasonable expectations and demands.

1 Like

There’s also this gem

Which reads to me like: “I can’t possibly allow anything to interfere with the brainwashing process I’m subjecting my child to. It’s of utmost importance that they strike out on their own without any knowledge of the world.”

15 Likes

Dammit, now I have 525,600 minutes stuck in my head. And that’s not even accurate. A year is 525,960 minutes long. Unless you’re not going to count leap years. I mean, doing calculations with a 365.25-day year actually gives you consistent results for time-spans longer than 3 years.

No. It’s ONLY the gay drama teachers. That’s IT. Everyone else is fine.

#alldramateachersmatter

2 Likes

Polite “blow me”, FTW.

3 Likes

I like to draw a face on it with an indelible ink pen and re-enact episodes of Big Bang Theory. Can I still teach your kids?

1 Like

… I’ve heard of dick puppetry before (Obligatory Oglaf), but that… Actually seems kinda fun…

1 Like

We have loose morals on this forum. It starts out with dick puppetry and soon it’ll be asshole ventriloquism and we’re supposed to keep quiet and act like that’s ok. It is NOT ok. My farts are MINE!

4 Likes