Motorist "let God take the wheel" resulting in high-speed crash

She let god take the wheel, and god tried to kill her. That’s right, Yahweh, tell us how you really feel!

9 Likes

that was my thought, too: “ok, so following that to its logical conclusion, god wants to kill her.”

7 Likes

she believed she did the right thing

There was a time when this level of delusion would get you sectioned. Sigh. Those were the days.

8 Likes

According to police, she was not drunk or high.

Religion is one hell of a drug.

16 Likes

Attempted automotive suicide, IMHO. If you’re going to try and off yourself, you should do it in a way to not harm other people. This isn’t just stupid, it is EVIL.

14 Likes

Nobody “tests their faith in God” with the assumption that God hates them and will cause the exact same crash that you would normally expect from random chance. Clearly a miracle was expected here, and did not happen. So, God definitively disproven, right? Religions can finally pack it all up and put aside centuries of superstition? No? Well, surely at least the motorist herself has had her faith shaken… right??

7 Likes

I hadn’t thought of that, but I think you’re right.

I feel even worse for her 11 y.o. daughter.

9 Likes

Well, surely at least the motorist herself has had her faith shaken… right??

Haha, good one!

Rationalization is a hell of a drug. Anyone stupid and/or delusional enough to do something this foolish likely cannot muster enough self-awareness to examine their beliefs in any meaningful way.

6 Likes

Pennsylvania (Bethlehem, to be specific)

13 Likes

And gave the brakes to Heisenberg.

10 Likes

She wasn’t testing her belief in God, she was testing her own faith. The whole point was that God might choose for something terrible to happen to her, and the test is for her to accept that fate, whatever it is. I think this is more like when your cult puts you through some kind of hazing ritual – after the trauma, you’re bonded more strongly.

Except she’s doing it to herself.

And putting a whole lot of other people in danger at the same time.

And should not be allowed to drive and should have her child apprehended.

12 Likes

Damn right he shouldn’t be driving. That dude’s BAC is off the charts!

8 Likes

I’m betting its the opposite. But surely the absolute minimum response by the authorities is an immediate driving license ban, mandatory counciling and the child taken into temporary foster care? Right?

She’s proven not just to be a mortal danger to herself, but her own child and other people with no remorse given for her actions.

11 Likes

36 Likes

@failquail Writes:
But surely the absolute minimum response by the authorities is an immediate driving license ban.

She already had a suspended license, and that didn’t deter her.

From the article
She’s been charged with felony assault, child endangerment, and driving with a suspended license.

11 Likes

And thus the church of Elon Musk was started.

2 Likes

Do you think the person in the red car considers themselves very lucky, or very unlucky?
If they started one second earlier, they’d be dead. One second later, they wouldn’t have been touched.
To get clipped like that on a basically empty road is such bad luck, but it could have been so much worse.
Either way, must have been a real wake up call for the other driver.

3 Likes

Yeah, you want to kill yourself, as an adult? Hopefully you get help, but you’re the captain of your own ship.

When you take a child along for the ride? You can go straight to hell.

This kid is clearly already dealing with a mom with issues. Now she’s got to deal with this.

15 Likes

Sounds pretty fortunate to me, since she was able to give a statement.

Recently lost her job, going through “trials and tribulations”… So, sounds like it.

For the other car, incredibly bad luck. For her, a consequence that is severe, but ultimately not tragic. Almost as if god wanted to send her a message.

Hopefully she realizes that she doesn’t actually want to die, and doesn’t want to be responsible for other people’s deaths.

Yeah. I hope she is ok.

6 Likes

Yeah, unlucky would have been if she’d killed her daughter and/or someone else. As that didn’t happen, and since no one was even seriously injured, I’d say she’s lucky as hell. Pun not intended, but it works. I’m sure she will attribute the fact that no one was seriously hurt to God indeed taking the wheel, thus confirming her faith. She may try this again some day.

3 Likes