MTG's new book is no "Magic: The Gathering" — it's a gathering of poor reviews

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene's book bombs on debut

9 Likes

I can’t imagine there’s all that much overlap in the Venn diagram for “people who like Marjorie Taylor Greene” and “people who read books.”

24 Likes

Its Amazon ranking positions it as the 3,349th best-selling book on the site

For a person who fancies herself a high profile celebrity politician, I’m sure that’s abysmal. But damned if I wouldn’t be thrilled if my self-published book sold that highly when I released it. Alas…

9 Likes

Mein Kampf (the illustrated version)? The Turner Diaries? The Art of Deal? All books “written” by and for fascists.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Usually, bulk buys for wingnut farms are enough to push books by Republicans into the top ranks for a week or two. Did the Federalist and Heritage not give Greene the bulk-buy treatment?

12 Likes

A friend used to call M:TG the crack-cocaine of card games, so there’s that.

6 Likes

This includes some excerpts in case anyone needs a reminder of what a vile human being she is.

9 Likes

Didn’t anyone tell her she’s supposed to buy several storage units of books to get those numbers up?

She is such a meandering speaker, I can imagine her book would be just warrgleing fan fiction.

3 Likes

Then she added, “saw that it was a problem that so many of our representatives were older and physically unable to run.”

You’re almost 50 now, Marge. Check back in 20 years and tell me how you feel.

10 Likes

sorry, I fail to see here any problems at all. granted, those are problems for her, but…

8 Likes

Marge is one of the worst Congress critters of all time, but your snark is premature.

Currently, the book has been available on Amazon for one day. There are four reviews; none are “Verified purchases.”

1 Like

13 Likes

MTG will only ever mean one thing to me. The game is fun, smart, and wholesome; the exact opposite of the ne’er do well polattrition.

3 Likes

It’s not just because she’s a fascist. It’s because she’s a fascist who is so toxic she’s alienated most of the other fascists. The few who remain aren’t the kind of people you’re likely to meet at a library unless they’re there to burn it down.

9 Likes

One of the minor benefits of my job is having access to Bookscan. If someone reminds me in a week or two I’ll look it up (sales are reported weekly, not moment-by-moment like Amazon).

3 Likes

The Georgia Republican’s description of how Democrats behaved on Jan. 6, 2021, in her new book “MTG” were branded “patently false.”

So does Amazon list it under “fiction”?

4 Likes

Marge: The Griftening

12 Likes

6 Likes

I saw the published in Canada, what makes that interesting is the publishing company is Don Jr. Why aren’t their supporters angry about not doing the America first thingy?

She’s was also crying censorship because Hudson Books won’t put it in their stores.

6 Likes