MTV's Satanic "Wonder Showzen"

Oh it’s been some time since I heard this. It’s a treasure! Thanks for making the music come back.

1 Like

While I am constantly amused at people’s ability to misunderstand sarcasm, is it just a matter of scale as compared to the number of people using Every Breath You Take as a romantic song at their wedding?

PS: Wonder Showzen rules.

5 Likes

Whoa, total Jebus fanboy.

1 Like

well…it was approx 9 years ago, and it was Mtv2. paired in a time slot with that show they gave to the chubby kid from “The Man Show”.

Wondershowzen had some good moments…but the jokes were either hit or miss. On the plus side, Wondershowzen did give the world the “That’s RACIST” kid meme.

This is amazing. Anyone know of any other hilarious videos featuring this crazy pastor?

1 Like

Oh, I know. I guess I’m more of a “Spitting Image” kinda gal! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo_kxFceq7s

It’s a protective measure. Downsampling is simply the easiest and most reliable way to disable the Satanic influences. Yes, we’ve tried other methods; flanging, high-pass filters, and so on. We do not speak of them.

5 Likes

Poe’s Law in full effect here. Pastors being in the business of selling Jeebus, and all, I just can’t tell to what extent his outrage is manufactured to extract maximum profit from his customers. Or maybe this is the most artful fake I’ve heard in a very long time.

1 Like

Perhaps you should get out more. These people are real and they fervently believe what they are saying. Then again, you might be better off not getting out so much…

2 Likes

I think maybe you were too sober

1 Like

To be fair, most baptists reject the doctrine of transubstantiation as Catholic nonsense, at best. I’m actually surprised that he didn’t take the moment to go on an anti-Catholic tangent, but then again he doesn’t seem too bright.

3 Likes

Oh.

Oh.

Thank you. I thought that The Heart, She Holler was something I hallucinated seeing before I quit drinking that herbal tea that got moldy.

1 Like

I really do think some people need a Pythonesque “SATIRE” flashcard blinking overtop stuff so maybe they have a hope of understanding what’s happening.

2 Likes

“I don’t know what we’re going to do with God’s body!”
“This meat is simply divine.”

See also James Morrow’s "Towing Jehovah. Godburgers!

2 Likes

Whatever you do, stay away from ring-modulation. If there’s a tool of the devil in my audio toolkit it’s gotta be RM.

1 Like

This show was all over the place, cartoons, skits, weird Hanna Barbera influenced stuff, to what they preacher was showing. A couple minutes of it is hardly representative. Funny too, because there were things that were way more offensive (and weird) than that. It was an overall a good show though. A billion times better than something like South Park, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

What is this ‘Wonder Showzen’ you speak of?

Hmm, let’s see, there’s this one episode where some kids visit a farm, and at the end of the episode God kills himself, eh?

Sold.

Hang on, anyone hanging that much shit on SP isn’t someone I’d see eye-to-eye to with in a hurry…

Reconsidered.

I’d fucking fall over if I came across something 1.5x better than South Park, and I say that as someone who disagrees with Matt & Trey’s politics.

3 Likes

I’m a bloody alcoholic who hasn’t had a drink in over twenty-five years, and I have NO intention of picking one up. No, my sense of humor is different, is all.

1 Like

Some years back I met one of the producers at a party. Really nice guy. He told me that they tried as hard as they could to be provocative and got no reaction. In fact, as hard as they tried to offend the network and the viewers they wound up being surprised by getting a second season! At this point they really wanted to piss somebody off so the second season had a parody of the old country show ‘Hee Haw’ with, i think, David Cross guest hosting. There was some sort of ‘Don’t Mess With Texas’ skit with a Texas state-shaped puppet who spoke with a ridiculous southern hick accent. It really was nothing compared to them dressing up a kid as Hitler or some of the other stunts they pulled but, he told me, that did the trick. MTV was swamped with phone calls from irate Texans. I think that was when they got cancelled. Or at least didn’t get a renewed season.

3 Likes

I don’t really like South Park either. And I remember when WS came out. I didn’t like it then, and I don’t like it now. And ya know what? So what?!

1 Like