Mueller tells judge Roger Stone's Instagram post may violate gag order

he’s touching the hot stove on purpose, it helps his fundraising

and he probably thinks if he makes the judge put him in jail until trial that it will both make him a martyr and give him grounds for appeal

he’s getting a pardon, I mean he is literally trump BFF, at least put him in jail for awhile, not sure why the judge feels like she has to bend over backwards to be “fair”

1 Like

Filing here for those interested in the horse’s mouth:

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000169-4ab2-dc75-affd-dfbbe9150001

2 Likes

People seem awfully convinced that Trump will pardon all these people, but so far, he hasn’t done that. And I don’t think he will. Trump demands loyalty, but he never shows any loyalty himself, and he has a history of going out of his way to stiff and screw with people who worked for him.

8 Likes

I have to say it: is he really risking jail? It’s not like this is the first time he did this exact thing, so why would we expect the court system to follow through appropriately and actually jail Stone?

Let’s see, what excuse can he try this time. . .

“No no, your Honor. . . I’m talking about my eyeglass “frames”, I’m doing an ad for Lenscrafters!”

“This is a misunderstanding, I’m talking about being framed for some other crime, not the one the gag order applies to!”

“This post is in reference to another person named Roger Stone, who happens to look exactly like me.”

2 Likes

It sure is rough being rich these days. It seems like they can’t afford anything without someone else’s help. Tell you what. Give me a PO Box address, Mr. Stone, and I’ll send you a pair of bootstraps you can use to lift yourself up by.

(eta) you can always tell the true grifter, because they grift to the bitter end. “Free money from idiots who believe in me? Yes please!”

4 Likes

I particularly like the first one you quote there because it’s pretty much exactly the example the judge gave of the sort of things he could post - verbatim.

Now does “Who framed Roger Stone” appear even slightly to fit within those boundaries?

3 Likes

Here’s a useful way to keep track:
https://www.hasrogerstoneviolatedhisgagorderyet.com

3 Likes

This is what you get when someone substitutes “clever” for “smart.”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.