Musk blames Twitter's "massive drop in revenue" on "activists," instead of blaming himself

31 Likes
15 Likes

I have been inactive on twitter for years, since the takeover I have been actively inactive.

17 Likes

I have to say, Elon’s new “It’s everyone’s fault but miiiiiine” position has him sounding positively presidential, if you know what I mean.

21 Likes

I’m not sure there’s anything I can say here that hasn’t been said already, except maybe “Elon Musk is not the genius some people make him out to be.”

Like a lot of famous mega-entrepreneurs who made it big during the internet explosion he has some talent and intelligence, but he has also been very lucky, and he came from money to begin with.

15 Likes
48 Likes

The buck—clearly, literally—does not stop there.

4 Likes

Jinx.

Thank FUCK he isn’t natural born, so he can’t run for POTUS.

23 Likes

I think Musk pushing fake news about Paul Pelosi, and literal Nazis cheering him while feeling emboldened enough to hurl slurs, is enough to make advertisers shy about spending money there.

Can My Pillow, Silver and Gold coin sellers, and buckets of dried food pick up the slack?

18 Likes

Gladly paying up!
Handing_you_a_coke

14 Likes

It’s free speech only if EM approves of it, what were those activist groups thinking!

I actually, literally, factually, exactly did that; as a partial excuse, I was six or seven.
Only consequence was a wonderfully rainbow coloured bruise on my butt, I should have taken a picture.

13 Likes

33 Likes

Of course they are Prog Rock band!

11 Likes

28 Likes

I could cut my criticism of him for it by a third…except I’m pretty sure the only motivation was that someone managed to make him realize his failing company still needs some employees, and I doubt the layoffs will be the end of its losses.

13 Likes

You forgot about lead tainted brain pills, big money in brain pills.

6 Likes

I think this is a distraction from Elon’s intention/action to burn Twitter to the ground from the inside.

What I want to know is:

• If twitter is burned to the ground, how much does Elon Musk lose?
  • Do other financiers lose to, who, and how much?
  • What recourse do these financiers have against Elon Must for this deleliction of financial duty/malfeasance?

https://media.tenor.com/HqhULHBoXiYAAAAd/nothing-of-value-was-lost-the-critic.gif

9 Likes

The lack of self-awareness is both staggering but not surprising, really.

Elon Musk: Here are my ideas for how I’m going to totally ruin Twitter. Just burn it to the ground and turn it into a total hellsite full of the nazis I’m letting back on.
Nazis: Hurray! Let’s go back!
All the other users: That doesn’t sound great, I think I’m probably going to want to leave.
Advertisers: Musk seems a bit… erratic, and these changes don’t bode well for advertising. We might want to hold off for a while until we see how things shake out.
Musk: Where are you all going!? I haven’t even destroyed Twitter yet! I may be a solitary genius who is in control of, and responsible for, the success of everything, but there’s no way people are responding to me. Clearly this can only be the work of a conspiracy!

I think we’re well into the Greek alphabet at this point…

Unfortunately for Musk, the fines will be added onto with legal fees and the back salary (and the value of those employee stock options), not to mention the massive amount of debt he took on, the interest on which is beyond Twitter’s ability to pay off with its profit (which is now cratering). Given that Tesla is, in various ways, collateral for this deal, looks like Musky might not be running that company for long either.

Musk/Trump: “I am a unique genius, aware of and in absolute control of everything that goes on!” [things go very badly] “Except for that.”

Yeah, I don’t think there’s anything he could do at this point that would stop that from happening. He’s a billionaire - the system exists to keep him in that spot, regardless of how much he fucks things up. (See e.g. Trump.) Even if he “loses it all” he’ll still be obscenely wealthy (at least by normal human standards).

But he doesn’t have an army of sycophants - they’re just people smart enough to acknowledge the reality of his greatness! (Also, the people who find fault in anything he does must therefore be idiots whose opinions he can then safely ignore.)

@mr_raccoon
Panel number four: “The Libs did it!”

He’s doing some mighty fine work destroying the myth of the meritocracy, though.

He’ll just have to settle for buying one, instead.

Quite possibly (control of) Tesla, it sounds like. His debt on this is backed by his Tesla stock, but as Twitter goes down in flames, the value of the Tesla stock will also go down and he’ll have to give up more and more until…

So, yeah, probably not so deliberate - he’s got way too much to lose.

19 Likes

Linear B

8 Likes

I was curious what they actually do when there are more than 26 exhibits. It looks like at least some places go AA, BB, CC, and so on. So I guess this could be exhibit AAAAAA or ZZZZZ or something like that.

6 Likes