Musk manipulates Twitter to ensure the world sees his tweets at the top of their feed

I almost want to go back to twitter so I can block him

12 Likes

I usually use Twitter for Doctor Who, plus, I’ve got contacts there with several members of the Flaming Lips so I’m kind of reticent to give it up at the moment.

3 Likes

I used it for work related things as people in my field would promote their and share other’s work (research) on Twitter, but honestly for me personally quitting Twitter was a net positive, not just in a frontal-cortex-look-at-this-shitshow sort of way. I’m missing out on that easy-to-access fire-hose of information on what people are doing. But on the other side, I think I rely more on one-to-one interactions which I believe has helped me focus on healthier work relationships in general. And as far as I can tell my “happiness” index is not effected negatively by the decision, so one less thing.

11 Likes

Hahahahaha wow it’s true.

Then you are the architect of your own discontent; good luck with that.

9 Likes

Wasn’t it easier to inflate his view count?

According to tesla former workers previous reports, it seems that someone at twitter should be assigned just to distract him without causing more problems.

15 Likes

Can’t miss a place you never been.

Nathan Fillion Firefly GIF by HULU

15 Likes

Why don’t they just generate fake numbers to keep him happy? Would he notice?

16 Likes

This might have been easier

8 Likes

The people still there are either unable to find alternative work or agree with him and are happy about what he’s doing to the company. :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

Did I not see something about him proclaiming March 1st will be a glorious day for everyone?

Gee… can’t wait…

5 Likes

Fingers crossed for “Day we shoot him into space. One way”

13 Likes

This is the right-wing notion of “free speech” in a nutshell - everyone else should be forced to listen to me.

16 Likes

Until he decides to purge blacklists, or make Twitter officials (ie: himself) unblockable.

6 Likes

It also shows that I was wrong when I said that he understands technology as well as a middle schooler. Cuz, that’s not a DDoS attack in any way shape or form, and I know middle schoolers who have launched those

17 Likes

He’s missed a real business opportunity here: charge $50 a month to send unblockable tweets. His fanbase would love that. He could call it the “libowner” level.

13 Likes

And it’s too hard to find them on Mastodon, I take it?

Really, every single person I followed on Twitter is not only on Mastodon, it’s easier to communicate with them now, to read their feeds. Sure, @fnordius@muenchen.social may not be as succinct as @fnordius, but if muenchen.social goes dark I can just choose another server, and keep my feeds.

15 Likes

@awfulhorrid@tech.lgbt may not be succinct, but I’m enjoying it more.

16 Likes

Twitter has always been a hate machine. The architecture is optimized for evil; it your account’s blocked, just roll down to McDonald’s and get a new account from a new IP address, continue spreading lies, threats and hatred.

6 Likes

ChalCon

A browser plug-in could remove them. It’d be worth the effort just to (not) see his reaction. In fact, he’d probably order the staff to change the tweet framing to throw off the plug-in, and break Twitter in the process.

17 Likes