Musk manipulates Twitter to ensure the world sees his tweets at the top of their feed

I like this. On many levels :imp:

13 Likes

95% of us have him blocked and his name and everything to do with him muted.

10 Likes

I’m aware. I’m making a choice.

1 Like

I dunno, but I blocked him a while back.
I don’t think he’s thought this through. People do want to use twitter, but if more and more people start seeing his ridiculous thoughts in their feed when they didn’t before, more people will immediately block him. And you can only ban so many people until all that’s left are tweets from Musk and Musk stans. Not good for the revenue stream. But then again, he often doesn’t think things through.

5 Likes

Is anyone else puzzled by how the conveniently hand-assembled data source that is user blocklists would be bad for the recommendation system?

Aside from the explanations that invoke either incompetence or an active desire to ‘recommend’ things down people’s throats even after they’ve told you they don’t want them; of course…

8 Likes

Today, we celebrate the first glorious anniversary of the Information Purification Directives. We have created, for the first time in all history, a garden of pure ideology—where each worker fascist edgelord may bloom, secure from the pests purveying contradictory thoughts. Our Unification of Thoughts is more powerful a weapon than any fleet or army on earth. We are one people, with one will, one resolve, one cause. Our enemies shall talk themselves to death, and we will bury them with their own confusion. We shall prevail!

10 Likes

Based on the latest behind the scenes reporting from The Verge Musk is straight up saying “Make people see my stuff”, and that is what they are doing.

Because people liked Joe Biden’s annual ritualized combat tweet better than his

“Twitter deployed code to automatically “greenlight” all of Musk’s tweets, meaning his posts will bypass Twitter’s filters designed to show people the best content possible.”

“said a current employee. “I think we’re past the point of believing that he actually wants what’s best for everyone here.””

17 Likes

ummm… how was that not obvious when he fired most of the staff, forced everyone else into the office, where they fight over beds

good point. you’d think this data would be a gold mine to advertisers seeing as how it’s the inverse of the things people want to see

15 Likes

Clearly.

Again, best of luck with all that.

5 Likes

WTAF?

Over 90 percent of Musk’s followers now see his tweets, according to one internal estimate.

Because I never use it, I did not realise that the “For you” feed does not necessarily show you tweets from all the accounts you follow.

4 Likes

It’s good to hear that those on the inside are saying it though - instead of just accepting their new lives of fear, surprise, ruthless “efficiency”, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Dope.

23 Likes

i did not expect that!
brilliant!

16 Likes

If they remove my ability to curate a blocklist between my accounts then I’m gone. Day one, I’ll delete my accounts. My feed is mine. If I don’t want to see some random user for any reason then that’s my decision, not theirs. There is no right to a captive audience.

19 Likes

Or this is someone’s malicious compliance way of giving him exactly what he asked for while continuing to make him look worse.

His purchase of Twitter continues to be an absolute monkey paw situation.

11 Likes

To support a fascist billionaire? Why?

5 Likes

Yeah from what I’ve heard he has a team of professional enablers at Tesla. I guess they haven’t evolved at Twitter and now he’s in the “fuck you till you love me” stage of narcissism.

“Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! When the great technocrat Elon Musk is speaking everyone needs to listen!”

11 Likes

I’m not even sure how something like that can come into existence in a large, well established company. I don’t think there’s any way to block him there, at least until he steps away for a while. I don’t think it’s going to exist that long.

5 Likes

The richest man in the world uses his money to make everyone look at an uncredited cartoon drawn by my dead friend, crudely edited to make it edgier

28 Likes

I remember hearing about another “richest man in the world” who antagonised people and took things that didn’t belong to him.

Is there any chance that EM could go to Syria too?

13 Likes

How am I “supporting a fascist billionaire” when I 1) have him blocked and 2) ain’t shelling our $8 to own the Blue Checkmark of Legitimacy? If he’s getting any clicks, they aren’t from me.

1 Like