Musk ragequits Twitter Space meeting after journalist asks difficult question about ElonJet, then shuts down the Twitter Space, then shuts down Twitter Spaces entirely

This is good.

Elon is staying true to his one principle, himself. Nothing else matters to him.

22 Likes

He’s never been a reality TV star either

The closest analogy to any recent candidate would be Michael Bloomberg, who spent a lot of money promoting himself and got basically no votes

Being rich is not the same thing as being popular

15 Likes

I’m sure he could find at least some GQP willing to support a constitutional amendment, if that was actually something he wanted…

6 Likes

I just watched it last night and loved it. Lemon and Tangerine were obviously my favorite characters, I loved their arc.

11 Likes

That’s good. Would be hilarious if he just didn’t know… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

The good thing about conservatives is that they will always usurp the Constitution if it provides them with a win. You can pretty much count on it. Ever has it been since at least 1860.

10 Likes

The (ok, a) weird thing about the ‘stalkers attacked the car I wasn’t in using ADS-B tracking!’ claim is how little Musk had to show for it despite having a close connection to a line of vehicles with some already slightly paranoid features included(eg. having an air filter so that the occupants aren’t sucking diesel particulates is a reasonable quality of life measure; having something called ‘bioweapon defense mode’ is a bit more extreme); plus ample money to throw at assorted executive protection services.

When any old Tesla can do “Sentry Mode” and start recording its surroundings with the various external-facing cameras; it starts to seem downright weird that someone who fancies themselves a target wouldn’t be rolling around with some combination of extra-aggressive configuration of vehicle cameras, additional cameras retrofitted for better coverage of strategic sightlines, and quite possibly a camera or two attached to the tastefully dressed and rather humorless guard labor dude with a gun and an interest in getting to use his defensive driving training.

I assume that Elon would be pleased to have the cops treating his reports as authoritative and bringing their resources to bear on his behalf; but given his known capabilities the failure to produce a decent video to back up his claims seemed a bit underwhelming.

28 Likes

I just came here to say something about stable geniuses.

20 Likes

I’m only really familiar with Bloomberg in the context of the terminals of that name; do you know if he has, or ever had, some financial-sector analog to Musk’s nerd fanatic squad?

I don’t think it’s large enough(especially since people outside of it tend to find it offputting); but Musk does have a genuine block of people who identify with a combination of technocratic optimism and social reaction and see him as the suitable god emperor for that; while I can’t think of an analogous group among enthusiasts of financial market information(especially since, in practice, the financial sector has had a great deal of success in encouraging a reasonably bipartisan consensus on not poking them too hard among established political actors and so has less reason to produce some visibly distinct political movement of its own.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Derp you are so right! Forgot that it ‘went private’ in all this mess

7 Likes

I know. It may sound stupid but reading that I felt something I had no words for previously whenever the gop has been called out on their hypocrisy but I couldn’t articulate it.

9 Likes

13 Likes

Don’t worry; I’m sure Elon fans have rationalized this as some sort of fourth-dimensional chess rather than an spoiled rich kid having a temper tantrum about being called to account for his actions.

10 Likes

Having read the “some bosses are impressed” article that gracchus shared, I think at this point his fans are people who like the temper tantrums. They show he leads with an iron fist and doesn’t put up with being doubted, the way they think leaders should, despite this amazing illustration of just how poorly that actually goes.

19 Likes

Hercules was a stable genius. (No, not that Sorbo guy.)

How to be a “Karen” who is the manager.

17 Likes

Manager, demand to see thyself

29 Likes

“O, wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!
It wad frae monie a blunder free us,
An’ foolish notion.”

But I doubt he ever will.

10 Likes

Thin skinned tech financier who tries to use money to be a celebrity loses it when he has to confront the realities of celebrity and not being surrounded by yes men everywhere he goes. He seems to have both the ego issues of Trump and the utter lack of awareness of Chris Chan.

10 Likes

I’m picturing Musk dropping off the Spaces meeting, going downstairs, finding one of his remaining minions, and demanding to know where the Spaces servers are. Then, when shown the Spaces server room, angrily just yanking cords and tossing servers on the ground like a spoiled child.

Lucha Libre Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

24 Likes