Muslim-American uses Tinder to talk about Islam, facts end up being effective pickup lines

[Permalink]

1 Like

Dawnā€™s message looks like a typical scammer message.

6 Likes

The second one is a bot :frowning:

2 Likes

I got the same messageā€¦a dozen times. I wonder why Tinder doesnā€™t just filter out messages like this that are obvious lazy chatbots.

Ha ha shows how much you know. Dawn and I are now totally dating on line.

10 Likes

That two-timing hussy! She said she was only interested in my credit card number!

3 Likes

Wait. Are talking about Dawn-from-Canada? Sheā€™s my girlfriend!

1 Like

Dawn from Canada? That my brotherā€™s gir;friendā€¦ areā€¦ are you my brother?

2 Likes

I think what made this a success was because he wasnā€™t ā€œwant to see my wangā€ā€¦ or ā€œlet me see your titsā€ and then calling the women names when they say no or are pissed off at himā€¦

2 Likes

Maybe so, but Iā€™ll tell you, I find proselytizing even more creepy than grotesque come-ons. I mean, itā€™s Tinder, so thereā€™s a pretty good chance the person on the other end is trying to get laid. But if I was on Tinder and someone said, ā€œHey, Iā€™d like to tell you about our savior, Jesus Christ,ā€ Iā€™d be turning off my geographic locator immediately.

(Iā€™m not on Tinder, so possibly Iā€™m just not the target audience for the sexiness of Islam)

2 Likes

Is this proselytizing, or informing about something about which there is rampant mis-information?

Do you (Humbabella-you, not generic) proselytize an anti-gamergate perspective?

Dot tumblr dot com

4 Likes

Goes and looks at instagram.com/byefelipe again.

2 Likes

When I read about it here in an article it looks like trying to address rampant misinformation. I think if I were trying to hook up and saw it on my smartphone it would look quite different since I wouldnā€™t have the wider context.

1 Like

It occurs to me that ā€œWhatā€™s the first thing you think of when you hear the word ā€˜Islamā€™?ā€ is a phrase rather unlikely to segue into some terrible excuse for innuendo (e.g. ā€œDo you have pet insurance?ā€).

It sort of makes me wonder if there are other people who have tried a similar facts-as-effective-pick-up-lines approach. But then, of course there are ā€“ itā€™s just that thereā€™s no reason anyone would bother to write about them when there are so many much more awful people to write about.

Oh yeah, but heā€™s not proselytizing, or it doesnā€™t seem to be so. He mainly just seems to be talking about facts about Muslims.

Thatā€™s true too!

Appearing at the Point with the Kominas, with special guests Vote Hezbollah! $5 Taqwacore night!

2 Likes

I have this game I play with my friends. I call it ā€œInstant Band Nameā€ where we call out random phrases in our casual conversation that would in fact, make a great band name. Best one I can remember so far is, ā€œCurious with Cucumbers.ā€

1 Like

We do that too. I should start keeping a list. Iā€™ve forgotten more than a I rememberā€¦ Digital Shatner and the Uncredited Don Cheadle are still my favorites that we sort of always mention in our house.

1 Like

I love those guys! Cattywumpus is so great on the electric slide guitar.

1 Like

No, two bands! They are too bandsā€¦ :wink: