My kid is allergic to nuts, so I demand you give carrot sticks to everyone on Halloween

You were obviously never a pre-teen girl!

6 Likes

Oh shit there is a British candy I didnā€™t know about
? Someone, fire up the Chopper, daddy needs some sugar!

Well, you donā€™t have to worry about us. Weā€™ve got spirit to go around. Ugh! What is this stuff? Iā€™ve never even heard of these brands. Sand Pop? Gummy chairs? Mr. Adequate-Bar?

10 Likes

Only on Halloween.

6 Likes

O hell no, those things are manna. Did you know they also make the Valentines candy hearts? True fax!

Another NECCO fact: it stands for New England Confection Company. Also, they are delicious.

12 Likes

Theyā€™re just like M&Ms.

Your Smarties are like our Refreshers, I think?

Mmm, Parma Violets.

4 Likes

While itā€™s possible the kid is allergic to peanuts, the cynic in me is thinking the gluten and dairy part is more along the allergy hysteria lines. The cynic then wonders if the person putting this up doesnā€™t vaccinate their kids either. Would I be piling on if I think a sign should be added saying if your kids arenā€™t vaccinated to please not come to my house for my own health?

20 Likes

Wow, their methods suck, totally suck, but the intent is still okay. My son is severely allergic to peanuts and nuts, and doesnā€™t enjoy Halloween as much as he would like. Itā€™s not about picking out the acceptable candy from the dangerous candy, itā€™s about throwing away the candy knowing that you will never be able to eat it. Genuinely disappointing for a little kid.

So, we do what other people have already mentioned: give some candy to our neighbors beforehand. And we also trick-or-treat for UNICEF.

Anyone have a problem if I put up my kidā€™s UNICEF page so all of you could donate?

4 Likes

US Smarties = Canadian Rockets!

2 Likes

Necco wafers? Smarties? Lifesavers?

Good to know her kid isnā€™t allergic to artificial flavors or colors.

ā€œPlease give my child nothing but artificially flavored and colored sugar.ā€

Mmmmmmkay.

4 Likes

I do have a big box of nut free chocolates ready to go.

Smarties? or Smarties? or Rockets?

9 Likes

Donā€™t throw 'em out, Dipper. Theyā€™ll come back to haunt you.

4 Likes

Sureā€¦just, 30 years ago.

Iā€™m imagining angry parents showing up on your door with scratched up iPads and phones.

4 Likes

FUN FACT! Necco Wafers originally came in Beet, Pepsin, Clove, and Musk flavors.

Well, no. Thatā€™s a lie, except for Clove.

11 Likes

What? No ambergris?

11 Likes

M&Ms are horrid, Weird aftertaste. Smarties are stuff-your-face good.

8 Likes

donā€™t forget. the post also says donā€™t put out any dairy so milk chocolate is out too

2 Likes

Okay you misfits, Iā€™ve decided. No, seriously. Iā€™m making caramel popcorn balls to hand out while wearing a horse mask.

Iā€™m gonna be the creepiest mutha fucka on the block.

22 Likes

If youā€™re going to bother to rouse the cynic, at least have him/her consider that this whole thing was created by trolls riling people up about overly-protective, demanding parents. I mean, the only attribution isā€¦imgurā€¦

4 Likes