Mysterious Georgia Guidestones were partially destroyed in a bombing

If I witness such a combat de coqs, I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Evangelibans?

3 Likes

Christian evangelical terrorists.

9 Likes

Same problem. Stop acting like White Christians just realized that they can use violence to impose their will on others from groups like the Taliban, since they’ve been doing it for centuries now.

17 Likes

Serpent Mound? Sounds Satanic to me. Better bulldoze it.

Given some people’s enthusiasm for rewriting history to downplay (or outright eliminate) any facts that make them feel uncomfortable, I can well imagine that they might like to degrade or destroy any artifacts that testify to the complex and thriving societies that existed in North America in pre-Colonial times.

5 Likes

Reckon the only “mystery” here is that it didn’t happen sooner. (Maybe they were carefully guarded by people who saw the stones as having tourism potential?)

I might wonder how many genuinely ancient artifacts out there were just “modern art projects” in the time they were constructed – but then, large as these stones may have been, ancient artifacts probably required vastly more difficult manual labor than these stones did.

3 Likes

The guidestones have long been a lightning rod for the xtian taliban, kooks, conspiracy theorists, those worried about “globalists”, etc. (in short: Republicans) for years and years. This is not at all surprising. In the same way that the Taliban blew up those Buddha statues…

3 Likes

I’m not terribly sad that this monument to one eugenicist’s ideas were partially damaged, but everything else going on here fucking terrifies me.

1 Like

Yeah, I think that’s pretty well settled by now (meaning the person who funded it). But the people who are finding humor in it aren’t kind of ignoring the fact that it was a bombing carried about by a terrorist. :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

That’s just a copy of British Stonehenge. Real American Stonehenge looks like this:

10 Likes

i kinda love how every reporter and piece mentions how “mysterious” they are, and the goes on to list everything about them: they have all these principles in various languages, it’s a functioning astronomical clock, etc. lol

not so mysterious after all!

18 Likes

witness the normalization of violence and destruction, everyone.

8 Likes

A strong contender, but until the Plastic Druids start performing their annual protective rites there, I’m going to stand by the proven Apocalypse-bustin’ power of foam.

Besides, isn’t Carhenge in Nebraska? Nebraska doesn’t exist; it’s just a tax write-off for the Federal Gubmint. Everyone knows this.

2 Likes

Since no one (except perpetrators) was around, isn’t this more vandalism than terrorism?

1 Like

No, it is violence intended to intimidate. Now, what is the actual motivation? I am guessing we will find out. Not the sort of thing a bunch of kids will do on a dare. I think.

13 Likes

Right? Like cross burning was invented during the Trump administration. Or church bombings. Or witch trials. Or….

2 Likes

I think we have a suspect…

13 Likes
18 Likes

13 Likes

Came here to see if the video was posted. This was quite a roller coaster! :smiley:

Crazy how radicalized aspects of our culture have become. I should say it’s crazy how certain factions see no problem in radicalizing our culture. :confused:

9 Likes