Naked, greased-up suspect bounces onto a trampoline in wild police pursuit

Originally published at: Naked, greased-up suspect bounces onto a trampoline in wild police pursuit | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Did he have an accomplice?

16 Likes

appeared to be under the influence of an unidentified inebriant

Probably axle grease and peppermint oil. Kids are calling it Green Christmas.

14 Likes

You had me at “Florida man”….

12 Likes

I like how we’re not putting “Florida Man” in the headline anymore.

Like, you don’t even need to, everything else about the headline tells you.

7 Likes

I had the same idea, but a different source…

5 Likes

Must have been Saturday.

10 Likes

I will cop to it that my job occasionally involves physically restraining men, some of whom are rather slippery, and many of whom are wearing fewer clothes than is preferable. But I wear gloves when doing so, and find myself criticizing the officers’ approach.

10 Likes

He was trained by the very best.

5 Likes

I’m the age of Fentanyl and opioids, meth has really fallen out of public awareness. But not for everyone.

C’mon, you can’t just leave that there without elaboration.

6 Likes

I’m assuming “massage therapist”, but maybe not. Maybe “slippery naked guy wrangling” is actually a recognized profession. Possibly only in Florida, though.

6 Likes

But where do the officers come in?

Oh. Yeah.

2 Likes

A couple things…

wheel-bearing grease and peppermint oil

Hello dermatitis.

In my head I’m guessing things. And I have the feeling they’re all wrong, and the answer will be something I never thought of.

4 Likes

@angusm @nosaj

Just ordinary, run-of-the-mill psychology work! In a particular kind of setting.

8 Likes

Today I learned that psychology is a contact sport. Noted.

8 Likes

Trampolines?

9 Likes

Not surprisingly, the excellent scene in which Tom Hardy’s Bronson forces the prison librarian to grease him up in anticipation of wrestling multiple guards is not on YouTube. Below is just the lead-in.

2 Likes

the side betting on this would be a lot of fun!
oh! now i can hardly wait for it to be mentioned in Carl Hiaason’s newest novel!

3 Likes

Interesting that they just kinda touch him with bare hands. Whenever I see German police arrest anyone these days (on TV!) they seem to be wearing either leather or disposable gloves.

4 Likes

It’s a sport in Türkiye. (Thank you, Michael Palin.)

5 Likes