Nancy Pelosi throws shade like no other

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/14/nancy-pelosi-throws-shade-like.html

17 Likes

Stop this timeline - I want to get off.

24 Likes

46 Likes

A backhanded slap at Trump (assuming her explanation was meant for Trumptards who actually don’t know what “exculpatory” means)…
… or a multipronged, do-it-all slap/education for one and/or all.

I loved her delivery.

29 Likes

giphy-9

32 Likes

They probably think it’s one of the levels of hell.

14 Likes

(PEDANT ALERT)

Is not ‘shade’ something that elicits a ‘Why, thank you - hey, was that a dig?’ response? By saying “Mr. President,” this seems more like 'cut direct."

5 Likes

The unexplored basement of the 8th Circle.

8 Likes

Is it one level above or one level below Purgatory?
Sounds like the kind of place they’d clean you out :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

From the sound of it, I thought it was work done with a surgical x-acto knife.

“I have to do exculpatory work, followed by some debriding. Suction please, this will get messy.”

15 Likes

Swab up fluids using Trump’s hair.

5 Likes

Nope, not necessarily.

“Shade” is ‘being thrown’ anytime someone tries to ‘come for you’, whether it was couched as a backhanded compliment or not. Since 45 is dumb enough to think that even backhanded compliments are sincere, as long as they sound sufficiently flattering, Pelosi just skipped straight to the nitty of the gritty:

"I know that you aren't smart enough to actually comprehend what this word means, so before you tweet about it, let me Nansplain it to you."

52 Likes

Nansplain.

49 Likes

Not mine, alas; that was from the comments in the Twitter feed posted above.

I’m totally stealing it and running with it, though…

32 Likes

Trump throws the best shade!

theo_moudakis_the_phone_call

24 Likes

The brilliance of the delivery is there is no detectable malice, snarkiness or condescension; she just adds the explanation under the highly reasonable assumption that he wouldn’t know the word and moves on. I lol’d.

44 Likes

Pelosi’s shoe will have to be surgically removed from the Russian President of the US’s ass.

FACT!

16 Likes

Ah, wholeass mood. Interesting. I learn so much on boingboing.

1 Like

Ah. So that’s what it took to leave me with a pleasant… afterglow. :wink:

The last time that happened to me was when I watched President Obama quietly and surgically take apart a reporter’s question:

19 Likes

she was just being helpful, because we all know he would not understand. because he’s an idiot.

7 Likes