Nancy Pelosi: 'What does Putin have on Trump, politically, personally or financially?'

20 Likes

Her statements seem to be laying the foundation for such action. She’s crafty. That’s my take.

4 Likes

Practically speaking for both to be removed from office I think you’ll be looking at a situation where Pence has to be removed first.

And there’s a different process for replacing a VP if there’s still a sitting President. He appoints a new one, and congress must approve the appointment. In the current environment that very much means you don’t get anther Pence. This is how Nixon ended up with Ford. Even if Trump goes first, when Pence is sworn in. He’ll get to appoint his VP, and congress has approval over the appointment. This is how we got Nelson Rockefeller.

Its not as if removing the president just moves everyone up the line of succession. That exists for situations where multiple levels of the leadership die or otherwise can’t perform their duties, simultaneously. Like military attacks on Washington. Or serious disease epidemics.

Just the logistics of simultaneously removing them from office seem impractical. And I don’t think it would read well to attempt it. The Right hates Pelosi, and that very easily becomes a narrative of “Nasty Nancy is trying to seize the white house for herself”, rather than corrupt fucks gotta go.

8 Likes

My guess is pill/drug ring or child sex ring indirectly related through money laundering or criminal contacts. The man has no shame so the only thing I can figure is he’s not scared for himself as much as he’s aware that if his shit comes out of the closet there’s likely a prescription for polonium coming his way. But then he’s a stupid stupid man, so trying to think isn’t going to get anyone closer to the truth. It’s hard to account for selfish stupid people, they don’t actually act rationally not even from a cold calculating perspective. Just… fucked up messes all the way through.

4 Likes

Honestly, I had thought by now Putin would have burned him.

Come right out, and laid it all out.

“Yeah, we hacked your election to help Trump win. Here’s all the proof. Also our business dealings with him. Also I’m not going to say what’s in this stack of DVD’s, but copies will be arriving at the New York Times tomorrow morning. If you have children, leave the television off.”

7 Likes

The thing is why make the world look at him in such a negative light when he can look more powerful and less shady for it while Trump, now the “leader of the free world,” stumbles around in his own piss. I imagine Putin giggling to himself because he probably never imagined it would be this easy.

8 Likes

“Debt”
Controls his entire net worth.
His most valued thing in the world.

2 Likes

Pretty much this.

No need to tempt him or keep him in line with anything more than money and looking like a winner.
You only burn the asset if he can negatively affect you; show me where Putin has ever given a fuck? Why take time getting all that kompromat for such an obviously shallow, easily-led mark?

Other shady deals may obviously have involved hideous filth, I have no doubt, but not this one.

4 Likes

A 79 year old grandmother kicked the shit out’a tough guy Russian President of the US, Donny Two Berderers.

Yes, I’m happy.

9 Likes

15 Likes

Good question, but who’s she asking?

Putin is not going to burn him, not unless he tries to do something Putin does not want him to do. We know thats not happened yet.

When trump goes down in flames, then maybe he will pile on with evidence that will say “Democracy is a sham”, or “see, Democracy is just run by rich people”. When its useful to him he will try to damage our system at the expense of a now useless trump.

4 Likes

"The rulers of this most insecure of all worlds are rulers by accident; inept, frightened pilots at the controls of a vast machine that they cannot understand, calling in experts to tell them which button to push.” – William S. Burroughs, “No More Stalins, No More Hitlers”

6 Likes

I… I think he’s done.
I’m an optimist, I know, but I think he’s done.
It may take a while still.

2 Likes

Just reading this gave me a flashback to a fictional POTUS, played by James Earl Jones:

2 Likes

It seems unlikely but it’s been asserted:

EDIT: Oh. The story is dumber than I had imagined:

“Marla,” Trump yelled into the background. “Didn’t you say it’s the best sex you ever had with me?” From a distance, we heard a faint voice: “Yes, Donald.” Only years later did we learn that Trump sometimes impersonated voices to reporters.

5 Likes

That’s not what the timeline says:
https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2019/01/nancy-pelosi-ended-the-shutdown-not-the-air-traffic-controllers/

I keep thinking that with nothing happening, but the weight keeps piling up on the camel’s back, so maybe it’ll break at some point.
I’ll probably be disappointed in that it’ll be something weird that does it, like Trump being insufficiently awful to retain the approval of his base, which allows the GOP to attempt to extricate themselves from him, which in turn finally removes the barriers keeping everything from crashing down on his head. I live in hope. (I also hope he’ll spend the rest of his presidency hiding out, sulking, in Mar-a-Lago, rather than trying to burn down the world, once he realizes he’s done.)

7 Likes

Reading the tealeaves:

This story seizes upon the following paragraph in the Stone Indictment.

1. After the July 22, 2016 release of stolen DNC emails by Organization 1, a senior Trump Campaign official was directed to contact STONE about any additional releases and what other damaging information Organization 1 had regarding the Clinton Campaign. STONE thereafter told the Trump Campaign about potential future releases of damaging material by Organization 1.

Note the passive voice.

“This indictment is significant because it alleges coordination between the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks,” said Barbara McQuade, a former federal prosecutor who called the language in the paragraph “particularly alarming” because it used the passive voice when describing the campaign officials.

“This language is very different from other language we have seen Mueller use,” she told POLITICO. “He usually is careful to use some identifying language so that the person can be referenced easily. One reasonable inference is that the person who directed the senior campaign official is someone who cannot be indicted: the president himself.”

8 Likes

The Russian goal here is destabilizing the US. Any actual policy confluence or benefit to Russia (like lifting those sanctions, or a withdrawal from NATO) is just gravy.

The only reason Putin would have to leak anything about Trump, the campaign, or their involvement with Trump. Would be if Trump settled down, stopped causing his own daily scandals, and started to actually govern and compromise.

Which isn’t fucking happening.

9 Likes