NBA pulls 2017 All-Star Game from Charlotte over North Carolina's transgender bathroom law

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/21/nba-pulls-2017-all-star-game-f.html

8 Likes

Oh my.

The sarcastic part of me wants to observe that these “religious” bigots have inflicted collateral damage upon the One True Religion of the United States–organized, major-league sports.

36 Likes

Good.

27 Likes

16 Likes

If North Carolina goes bankrupt from all the business they are losing, who is going to bail them out?

12 Likes

Pee pee & poo poo are complicated matters in North Carolina, sadly so.

11 Likes

The NBA should be ashamed of itself for using North Carolina—particularly its young girls…

Well at least he didn’t say “little white girls.”

15 Likes

Good on you, NBA! I’m glad to see that more “traditional”-seeming institutions are finally stepping up like this.

15 Likes

“…an out-of-touch agenda…” Really? Because that is EXACTLY how I would catagorize YOUR agenda, Tami.

Kudos to the NBA. (for this decision, anyway)

15 Likes

“Tradition” has nothing to do with it. It’s all about the money.

9 Likes

21 Likes

How exactly is the NBA using NC’s “young girls” by not playing a basket ball game there?

9 Likes

It’s complicated. You obviously just don’t get it.

(Neither do I.)

9 Likes

Meanwhile in South Carolina…

15 Likes

I know, right? it’s almost like they’re saying that equality and…well…sanity, are from a bygone era.

9 Likes

14 Likes

10 Likes
17 Likes

I hope other states considering this same foolishness (Tennessee, I’m looking at you) are paying attention.

North Carolina’s law is bad for business and also bad for people.

11 Likes

We know that the powers that be certainly care about the former, if not necessarily the latter.

7 Likes