Nearly 3,000 Americans went to the ER because of pizza

Originally published at: Nearly 3,000 Americans went to the ER because of pizza | Boing Boing

8 Likes

How most of those injuries happened:

8 Likes

Does that include people injured by gunmen looking for tunnels?

16 Likes

They’re not including scorched roof of mouths from a rush to eat the wonderful stuff or not knowing when to stop eating it. I’ve come close to ending up in the ER due to this more times than I would care to admit.

20 Likes

And yet pizza still does not make the long list of objects emergency rooms find lodged in rectums.

So pizza has that going for it.

17 Likes

Yet. People are amazingly creative.

11 Likes

Never give Oddjob a pizza. It’s deadly.

6 Likes

I think a lot of those injuries were sustained by ninjas going into battle against sewer-dwelling turtles.

18 Likes

Note to self: Trademark name, “ER Pizza”

6 Likes
9 Likes

15 Likes

Gotta admit, this was my first thought too.

7 Likes

5 Likes

I’d be interested to know how “while delivering pizza” injuries compare with other road users. Is the message “roads are dangerous, whether pizza is involved or not” or “unrealistic delivery expectations encourage pizza delivery riders to take exceptional risks”?

6 Likes

Or perhaps it’s a case of young people with not much driving experience being expected to drive at night is dangerous.

4 Likes

Right? Nearly every time i make pizza, my tongue later peels off a layer from the roof. Ugh!

Amazing how quickly that grows back (or otherwise recovers).

5 Likes

:musical_score: When the moon hit’s your eye like a big pizza pie… :notes:

Gahhhhh! Greaseburn!

3 Likes

I guess that it could equally become lodge on the way out; due to over indulgence; a surfeit of pizza, if you will.

1 Like

Is nobody going to mention the risks of being a pizza delivery driver for the Mafia?

2 Likes

I thought this would be about the dangers of trying to digest pizza, not make it

Wouldn’t workplace hazards be handled by a different federal agency?

2 Likes