New Doctor reveal on Sunday

You’re right! It just clicked. The Rani showed up during one of my favourite doctors, Colin Baker - and they indeed were the odd couple. I’d often wished Kate O’Mara had come back as a reincarnation of the master. Always thought Judi Dench would have made a perfectly diabolical master, as well.

Colin Baker is also a favourite on Big Finish - he’s really good.

4 Likes

I had thought she’d make a great Romana. But this works fine. I think she is going to be fantastic at this.

5 Likes

You haven’t seen her in St. Trinian’s, then.

2 Likes

and the fourth season? The one on the US cable network?

1 Like

I don’t think it was as bad as everyone said, but it’s no Children of Earth. Worth seeing, at least. But COE was something special. Really heart wrenching stuff.

8 Likes

I agree about CoE. That was an awesome program.

6 Likes

I now wonder if Clara isn’t Susan’s mother. And I do not mean that the Doctor is her literal grandfather. I grew up with a lot of uncles i wasn’t related to, and my grandfather was my grandmothers second husband.

(Really, Clara and whatstername stole a Tardis. Susan clearly grew up in one, and the 1st doctor spirits Susan away from Gallefrei in his freshly stolen tardis. Clara’s last known destination - Gallefrei)

would be a neat trick.

4 Likes

It’s spelled

Now that you know, you can indulge in text based fandom.

5 Likes

Who says? :wink:

2 Likes

Peter Haining, for one.

I think I eventually had 5 of these books. I took in dr who primarily through target novelizations,

3 Likes

For me it started after the McNeil/Lehrer news hour, which I would also watch?? And carried on through some BBC Radio4 Extra stories - so it’s all Audio for me.

also, and much less important, did you not see what I did there?

3 Likes

The Brain of Morbius is my favorite episode of all time.

5 Likes

That would be fantastic! She classed the place up.

4 Likes

No love for Mary Tamm?

4 Likes

Yes, truly one of the best ever. But damn all the crap we had to wade through to get that one amazing episode. Damn it!

2 Likes

Ah, that’s why she seems familiar (haven’t seen any Broadchurch, yet)!

1 Like

12 Likes

…because a woman playing a 2-hearted time travelling alien just isn’t realistic.

:neutral_face:

/s

15 Likes

My hope was for Hayley Atwell. She needs more fantasy genre work.

Agent Carter was amazing, Conviction was terrible.

2 Likes

So much slog for a peak experience. It was amazing because it was all Capaldi. Just him the whole time.

Seriously, that and The Green Death are now tied for best episodes.

3 Likes