New House Democrat Rashida Tlaib: 'We're gonna impeach the motherf****r'

I can’t speak for others, but it helped me.

18 Likes

Hey - Dick Cheney said FU to Sen Leahy on the Senate floor.

Pearls were not crushed by desperate clutching. He states it’s perhaps the thing he’s most proud of.

It’s not like she grabbed someone by the pussy.

25 Likes

If that’s the implication you picked out of what I said, that is not what I meant.

For whatever reason someone is suddenly prominent, their new position comes with a visibility boost and heightened scrutiny. The impacts of subsequent actions change. This kind of potshot seems imprudent for any member of Congress on their first day, and the additional visibility here increases the exposure and risk.

I totally get that we have a president who flings shit around at random. I don’t think it’s been effective and I would never emulate it. I guess we’ll see how it goes for Rep. Tlaib.

What Tlaib has done is a wee tiny anthill compared to the vast mountain ranges of uncivilized, unprofessional shit 45 has done just in the last two years. These are not ‘normal’ times, and merely acting as if the building is not on fire won’t stop it from burning.

15 Likes

Agreed. But Trump gains from shit-flinging matches by deflecting attention from his actual policies and actions. That’s why he starts them all the time himself. Why hand it to him?

Never wrestle with a pig. You both get muddy and the pig likes it.

http://s.quickmeme.com/img/4b/4b4af5a7e8a78c309e061683daac99bf340bb466b68e364ab03d5f297a86b13d.jpg

1 Like

I’m not here to litigate another woman’s choices; she said what she said, and impolite or not, she wasn’t wrong. “Taking the high road” has had no beneficial effect, so it’s not on me to judge her for being blunt or taking a different tactic.

I care far less about how she speaks than I do about how she votes, and what policies she’ll make.

14 Likes

Don’t argue with an idiot, he’ll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

5 Likes
17 Likes

Huh? Dems took the House in a huge wave. Speaker. Chairs of committees. All on track for a good swing back the right way.

Plus a bunch of other stressors to keep things fluid. Mueller report. Stock market going weird. Brexit. Chinese economy slowdown.

We’ll bounce back from this, I have no doubt.

Seriously. No one is disagreeing with impeachment of a criminal and likely traitorous President- but - the important thing is that someone dropped a curse word.

The same curse word that Kayne West dropped in the Oval Office in front of the press - but no one is saying that we need to go back and have every Republican apologize for that.

13 Likes

And… you honestly think that was because they were ‘more polite’ than their counterparts on the right?

I can’t with this conversation anymore; you have a nice day now, I’ve gotta get ready for my commute home.

17 Likes

Fuck off with the tone policing.

Republicans are running a campaign of separating children from their parents and imprisoning them in what appear to be more and more like concentration and death camps.

That’s more obscene than any use of the word motherfucker I can think of.

23 Likes

I don’t think it would necessarily hurt… but public reaction to her use of the word just might identify those who are anti-Trump and those who are angry anti-Trump (for what it’s worth).

3 Likes

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

26 Likes

I, myself, can’t tell what kind of tone the Congressperson put on motherfucker

3 Likes

I don’t think the issue is that “someone” dropped a curse word.

I think there’s a question, which is whether it’s smart politically for a new member of Congress to call the president a curse word on the first day.

We all seem to agree he deserves it, and that it feels good. But will it help? Or does it backfire and help him?

I can’t go along with “hey, it’s better than what Trump does.” That’s possibly the lowest standard you can hold somebody to. I’d like it if we aimed a little higher than that.

“Going high” doesn’t work, and hasn’t for the last 20 years. I say we try something other than the status quo.

10 Likes

It may not help but it sure is cathartic.

And anyway, Trump can take his faux indignation and shove it up his withered orange dick hole.

17 Likes