New Jersey governor signs bill to legalize pot

Those in NJ who have been way ahead of the curve may believe he had done this 40 years ago.

1 Like

Cannabis is a weed that will potentially thrive in sidewalk cracks. :smiley:

1 Like

10 Likes

The header image has to be one of the greatest reasons not to use weed… I’m thinking very middle class white with acoustic guitar and ukulele. Love to see how the alternate would fly

2 Likes

Hmmm, which strain? :wink:

Dry-herb vaporizers are a game-changer. No need to combust. They do tend to ruin smoking, though.

6 Likes

I have some (lots) of experience with growing, and the harvest steps are not that complicated.

1. This is the hardest step, you need to be patient, and get a loupe, depending on what you want from your weed, couchlock or head high (or a mix) you’re going to be examining the trichomes. They start off clear which will give you a racy head high, move on to opaque which is a more mixed high, or they turn brown and that’s quite good for sitting on your ass. This is obviously strain dependent, landrace sativas take ages to mature, and will always be head dominant, pure indicas like some of the original kushes, will always lean towards couch lock, extrapolate from there.

2. Drying needs a dark place with circulating air and average temps (round 20 Celcius). Nothing more, nothing less. One good tip is using stems to gague dryness, when they snap, cleanly, the plant is ready for curing.

3. Curing is straightforward too, you’ll jar your weed (always glass), put it somewhere dark and cool, and for the first week or two you’ll open it to allow excess moisture to escape, as the residual moisture will slowly equalize through the plant material, and after a month (or less, depending on your patience), you will have well cured weed.

You don’t need to make BHO or extracts, a dry herb vape will do a very good job without carbonizing weed, you can also tumble the trimmings and vape the kif/hash…

Buying it is much quicker, but there’s a lot to say for rolling up some really good homegrown, or vaping, etc.

5 Likes

jealous

2 Likes

I escaped New J in 1976, humans are New Jersey’s greatest export.

10 Likes

Last time I checked, home grow in WA is for medical patients only. That is trying to change tho

4 Likes

I hear that you are a cultivated chap.

9 Likes

You’ve been mislead, terribly I might add.

giphy

12 Likes

Indeed, it appears, by the cut of your waistcoat, that you are little more than a prating popinjay.

Disaproving Rupert

10 Likes

That’s the case for Illinois as well. Also, some towns that already had medical dispensaries voted against recreational, though four of five reversed course after putting it up to the voters. The fifth one, the voters said no.

6 Likes

From 1968. It took guts to release this tune on vinyl 53 years ago.

3 Likes

And there’s the key. Like brewing beer, the fastest way to gain an appreciation for people who actually know what they are doing is to try and do it yourself. Some people might find a new hobby, others discover that there’s a good reason people pay the pros.

5 Likes

OK. I’m confused.

“Cannabis, also known as marijuana, …” (source: Cannabis - Wikipedia)

But then:

"legalizing and regulating cannabis use and possession for adults 21 years and older … and decriminalizing marijuana and hashish possession " (source: Office of the Governor | Governor Murphy Signs Historic Adult-Use Cannabis Reform Bills Into Law)

So for people aged 21+, cannabis possession is legalised while marijuana possession is only decriminalised, but cannabis and marijuana are different names for the same thing.

What am I missing?

1 Like

There’s a shop on the northwest side that sells 100 approx 1gm/ea pre-rolls. They’re made from a blend of shake from all their sativa-indica hybrids. It is consistently smooth and very tasty, and at $165, w/a discount on top, it’s far far less than we’ve ever paid for 3.3+ ounces.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, anybody here have a Crafty+ vaporizer? I am getting sick of sucking resin with my modified Pax 2. I’ve enjoyed my friend’s Crafty, but I’m wondering if they’re still rated as being pretty “up there?” I also have a Firefly somewhere, but I don’t remember totally loving it.

And yes I know this is a bit OT, but the thread has already descended into discussion of cannabis consumption, so I figured hey, maybe I can get a tip!

2 Likes

I have one of these: https://www.storz-bickel.com/en/plenty

Mains powered, great quality.
I don’t think any Storz and Bickel products are going to be below average, I just can’t justify the price of the Crafty+ myself…

2 Likes