New study discovers why coffee can protect the brain, and it has to do with the kind of roast you drink

No worries - give the old timers a bit to kick in and you won’t care any more.

4 Likes
5 Likes

at least six bar pressure blend espresso

2 Likes

It’s a fine choice, you can swallow the dark roast instant powder and theanine-caffeine marshmallows much easier with a light roast.

Also the opening pic. of a fat demitasse that appears to be ripping into a joint before committing to its task is a fine draw. Just craft that Spider Robinson Anthology into the {victim coffeemaker bot} with a magical hammer (16 hits on BangGood. None terribly disappointing-looking despite broken scope.)

…just need to coat these chard leaves in some nice dark chocolate. Was there ever a time people defrosted windows with tools instead of snacks? Surely not.

6 Likes

I think dark roast masks a lot of good coffee flavors. What a shame. Now I’ll have to opt for two cups of light roast. * reading this while I have my first one *

1 Like

my brain will live forever!

(the rest of me, not so much)

2 Likes

I was going to say either the setting from a David Cronenberg film, or a new game from Squad.

Who knew that, in the 1980s, the Thin White Duke was the new Coffee Generation.

“I’ll have what she’s he’s having.”

2 Likes

My friend calls them “Charbucks” because of that. Dunno if that is in widespread usage, too lazy to look it up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He needed to take a break from constantly wanting his MTV, no?

Mr. Vonnegut was part of it, too! Was that Jane Curtain at the end?

3 Likes

Man, if David Bowie wanted his MTV, he really must have been in dire straits. :wink:

@BethanyAnne

…too lazy to look it up

That’s the kind of research I can really respect.

3 Likes

[I remember these adverts. I b Oldz.]
4 Likes

I’m old too; but we didn’t get MTV over here in the Olde Worlde back in those days of shoulder-pads and hairspray. Man, Billy Idol really looked cool, didn’t he?

On a related note; OMG, Prymatt Conehead is 71 years old! Where has the time gone.

3 Likes

Interesting. I had understood that another/competing explanation was that the brains of caffeine drinkers were just more awake/alert during the day, and that just being more awake (during the day) had a prophylactic effect on Alzheimers, in the same way that crosswords, learning new things, etc do.

I don’t know whether that’s still considered a possible contribution or not.

1 Like

It’s Ann-in-the-pan! I always thought she was sitting in a tray of some mysterious neck juice. Now I know it’s Italian roast.

1 Like

7 Likes

You are correct sir!

I did the same a few years ago. I found that when I switched to tea, my stomach felt better and–weirdly–I completely lost my taste for coffee. My wife still drinks it, and it smells and tastes like a mixture of ashes and dirt to me now. I still enjoy an iced coffee now and then, but that’s about it.

2 Likes

I’m also not looking up stats for another argument elsewhere. I’m mulitshirking!

6 Likes

Genuine LOL. Thank you.

2 Likes