New theme park ride induces vomiting by independently spinning on three different axes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/14/new-theme-park-ride-induces-vo.html

7 Likes

Theme parks, creatively shaking peoples since 1862.

1 Like

Get properly drunk, sit in one of these
a76fc19b8173fcd1b4ffbbd37a3092b4
and have your mates spin you around.
Pretty much the same effect.

6 Likes

Obligatory reference:

2 Likes

That’s just an scaled up version of how they train astronauts.

7 Likes

…except minus the years of preparation, and add a sick little kid right behind you!

6 Likes

Vomiting, is that why there’s only seats on one side of the inner ring?

3 Likes

Can it possibly be as nausea-inducing as the Disneyland Teacups ride? That thing should be used by NASA to train astronauts.

3 Likes

I threw up a little just watching the video.
This is a hard NO WAY IN HELL for me.

8 Likes

Probably. It’s likely also why the ground underneath the ride is wet, and has a garden hose already out and ready to wash it again.

4 Likes

I’m with you, I got about 30 seconds into it and said “Hey, let’s see what the comments say!”

4 Likes

Pffft. Ain’t nothin’ there you can’t get at home from an office chair, a couple NOS bottles and some ratcheting strap clamps, and then the C7 herniation and vertebral artery dissection are free.

redneck%20centrifuge

5 Likes

re: reaction .jpg

7 Likes

I notice it doesn’t really move that fast. I’m guessing any faster and you’d have astronauts puking.

This is the promotional video? Check out middle guy at 38 seconds in…he’s either losing consciousness or about to lose his lunch.

I’m puking right now!

8 Likes

Can i pass? I’m gunna pass.

5 Likes

I love that kind of motion, but I’d only ride that ride with a full face shield and rain poncho.

2 Likes

Isn’t that the machine from Contact? Glad they found a use for it after the movie.

5 Likes

Nope, indeed.