New York Times posts, then removes, article announcing discovery of watermelons on Mars

Originally published at: New York Times posts, then removes, article announcing discovery of watermelons on Mars | Boing Boing

10 Likes

54 Likes

Kissinger is dead?

19 Likes

I suspect this was some kind of test page/sandbox document used to try out formatting on the web platform but not intended for actual publication.

Anyway everyone knows the climate on Mars is better suited to cold weather crops like potatoes.

28 Likes

Love It Vh1 GIF by America's Next Top Model

14 Likes

Now nobody will believe it when police actually discover watermelons on Mars.

Another case of The Grey Lady who cried Watermelon…

12 Likes

A very quick, very bad photoshop (well, MS Paint if I’m being honest) that I did:

17 Likes

Those aren’t watermelons…

38 Likes

This story is terribly boring.

7 Likes

And yet still worth more attention than most of what the New York Times posts! :thinking:

8 Likes

Generalissimo Francisco Franco still is. As is Abe Vigoda.

9 Likes

Oh, Henry Kissinger’s obit in the New York Times will be somewhat silly, just you wait and see.

6 Likes

They’re trying to stop any possible relief for the Martian Potato Famine.

3 Likes

11 Likes

less silly and more fellatic would be my prediction with nary a word about genocides conducted.

7 Likes

Mars Needs WaterMellons!

16 Likes

And people are stupid…

6 Likes

“Henry Kissinger’s pre-written obit.”
Had to check. He’s 98.

4 Likes

Today we bid farewell to prominent statesman Henry Kissinger. While his record has been criticized, at a time like this it seems fair to recognize his greatest achievements: negotiating the Paris Peace Accords, convincing Tom Lehrer to give up on political satire, and losing his glasses in a Springfield nuclear plant toilet.

We’ll see if they manage to outdo even that much when the time comes.

10 Likes

New Chuck Tingle title: “Pounded in the Butt by a Martian Watermelon Man”.

:

5 Likes