Newt Gingrich: "Republicans have to turn out more votes than Stacey Abrams can steal"

Gingrich is the ur-McConnell. He was pulling this shit 25 years ago and acting like a godless, philandering monster before trump even heard of Obama.

9 Likes

They fundamentally do not believe that minorities, working class people, or women deserve to be citizens who are allowed to vote. Only rich white male landowners are proper citizens in their eyes, and the constitutional amendments which granted voting rights to those other classes of people were fraudulent. So, naturally, every vote by a member of one of those groups must, by [their] definition, be fraudulent. They simply do not believe in democracy for everyone, only for themselves and people like them.

13 Likes

Not because Gingrich is a public figure, because Stacey Abrams is. The bar for defamation against a public figure is incredibly high.

7 Likes

OMG. . . that was my childhood nightmare!

20201207_141454

19 Likes

The fact that a person believes something is an objective fact, even when the belief itself is false.

2 Likes

I have to thank Newt Gingrich because he made my parents who were Eisenhower Republicans change parties and become Democrats who loved both Obama and Hillary.

9 Likes

Correctamundo!

I remember thinking decades ago “surely this thrice-married serial philanderer will eventually wear out his welcome as the spokesperson of the ‘Family Values’ movement.” How young and naive I was back then.

17 Likes

Walking the walk on Family ValuesTM is for the plebes, not for their “leaders”.

12 Likes

You made the big mistake of forgetting that consistency, morals, and honesty are for people who aren’t sociopaths, not “Family Values” Fundies.

9 Likes

Its so hard to avoid the uncanny valley.

3 Likes

And, naturally, she’s the U.S. ambassador to the Vatican.

12 Likes

Every time I see that face I imagine her regurgitating an owl pellet.

22 Likes

I don’t believe he is even telling the truth about that. Which, somehow, seems worse: he’s lying and he’s mealymouthed.

And here I am talking about a public figure who’s famous for a job he hasn’t had in almost 22 years. Dammit…

They’re not wrong, y’know…

See also:

• Paying income taxes
  • Adhering to the restrictions of one’s security clearance
  • Hatch Act
  • Holding in one’s flatulence at a public gathering
  • Etc.
12 Likes

You may have failed to read @jono’s first post before the one you quote.

GODDAMN! my middle finger is really getting a workout in 2020. FUCK YOU, Newt!

9 Likes

Do all Republicans buy their wives in the same shop?

8 Likes

Stepford Inc.? But I think they all look alike because they have the same brain-worm that causes their eyes to spin counterclockwise.

7 Likes

A very scary Proto-Karen. She’s gonna sneak into your bedroom, count your cavities, and then ask to speak to the manager!

6 Likes
9 Likes