Newt Gingrich: "Republicans have to turn out more votes than Stacey Abrams can steal"

I recall that series as well and studied them all as part of an undergrad research project back in the 90’s. It’s actually an excellently produced and extremely informative series with some highly distinguished participants across a wide spectrum of topics - including a young Antonin Scalia, who very much comes across as a decent and thoughtful legal scholar. It was a different era for sure

They are still available to watch online from the Annenberg Center website

4 Likes

The fact that Gingrich has a solid background in the study of both ethics and American history yet chose the path he did anyway just underlines what a monster he is. Unlike Trump he actually has the intellectual capacity to understand the gravity of his actions.

10 Likes

As with the second amendment (so they say), the meaning hinges on an extra comma. He could claim to have said, “The objective fact is, I believe Trump probably did actually carry Georgia.” Which is an insane level of weaseling, but exactly what I’d expect from Gingrich.

3 Likes

He was a racist shit bag, just an eloquent one. :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

Just another emblem of what American politics considers “civil”. Nice words masking monstrous beliefs and actions.

7 Likes

The only positive qualities Gingrich has, AFAIK, are that he likes space exploration, and genuinely loves zoos. Everyone would be happier if he’d never gotten into politics, and had instead become a zookeeper.

5 Likes

Don’t forget faux-fancy accents.

5 Likes

…in space?

4 Likes

“Accuse your opponents of what you’re doing” is page 1 in the Roy Cohn playbook.

8 Likes

I prefer to think that 2020 has decided that a positive thing like that belongs in 2021.

4 Likes

5 Likes

But the zoo animals would quickly learn to run from him in fear. “Oh no!” wailed the panda, “I’m going to get Gingriched again!” No mercy is shown. Yikes.

1 Like

I would like to cordially invite him indulge in his passions by having a giraffe kick his ass into orbit without a suit.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.