NH Republican lawmakers harass female state rep who objected to sexist law

Very well put Bobo.

Edit for addition): Reading the proposed law. It does not say a thing about preventing exposure of the female nipple or caging it up. It states

b) Such person purposely exposes his or her anus or, if a woman, purposely exposes the areola or nipple of her breast or breasts in a public place and in the presence of another person with reckless disregard for whether a reasonable person would be offended or alarmed by such act."

Ok. So all women need to become mind readers. Excellent. Got it.

12 Likes

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Ps you never addressed the fact that the writers comments are indeed bigoted and prejudice.

Did you not read what you copy pasted?

PS didn’t see the point really.

7 Likes

So you would not be offended by a goatsee. Good to know

False equivalency is false

10 Likes

Hey! I’m not that drunk!

4 Likes

How is it a false equivalency?* Clearly the same proposed law specifically describes showing an anus. I don’t find the anus offensive.

1 Like

Christ, what an asshole.

29 Likes

Interesting! It says nothing about vaginas!
Public pap smears for everyone!

19 Likes

I disagree with pretty much all your points on this subject, but PLEASE tell me that you aren’t ignorant enough to think that “Africa” and “South America” are examples of cultures rather than continents.

Yes, there are places and contexts on those continents where you can walk around with exposed genitals. There are also places and contexts in North America and Asia and Europe and Australia in which you can walk around with exposed genitals.

18 Likes

Nope. Simply making a point. That list was VERY generalized and not specific, inclusive or exclusive.

It actually does in the existing law. Once again read it.

Oh I also thought I was boring. Sure seem to have your attention. Yawn

Yes, you might turn into a state lawmaker who equates breastfeeding with assault. Then again you might already be said lawmaker. Your grammar and logic would certainly seem to indicate that.

9 Likes

Jesus, it smells like Sharia Law all up in here.

14 Likes

You’ll have to explain the bigotry and prejudice here. Are you sure you have a good feel for what those words mean?

12 Likes

Disagreement =/= bigotry

I see you’ve learned the relatively recent conservative tactic of using words (bigotry, prejudiced, etc.) to describe “liberal” positions that more often, much more often, actually fit conservative statements and positions. You must be new at it, though, since your usage is so inept.

Can you tell me, since I’ve been wondering, is that appropriation of the other side’s terminology indeed a conscious conservative tactic? Or is it more that it’s just simple projection?

20 Likes

Honestly, that’s what I’ve been thinking when I started reading these posts on this thread.

Awfully touchy, I think.

3 Likes

Truthfully, I am alarmed whenever I see a woman covering a baby with a blanket, especially in warm rooms/climates, because of the fear that someone might be (irrationally) offended to see her using her mammary glands for the purpose which your god/nature intended. It is at minimum very uncomfortable (and thus means the child will not feed properly) and at worst actually dangerous for the child.

The assumption that breasts are there solely for the sexual gratification of men instead of feeding babies is massively offensive. You should be ashamed of yourself.

24 Likes

I honestly can’t tell if you’re driving trollies or you just can’t read. Either way - hilarious!

Ah, I see - driving trollies.

Ironically, in at least some conservative Islamic countries under Sharia law, women freely expose their nipples if they’re breastfeeding.

11 Likes