Nikki Haley explains how she will oust Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell from politics (video)

Originally published at: Nikki Haley explains how she will oust Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell from politics (video) | Boing Boing

9 Likes

ok. good luck with that.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

28 Likes

The obvious question this proposal raises is “who sets the standards for ‘mental competency’ and how are those standards enforced?”

30 Likes

Presumably, this will be the same test that rates Trump as “stable genius”

15 Likes

I’ve she ever cracks five-percent in the polls I’ll be shocked.

12 Likes

Like the vast majority of the current national republicans it’s flip, flop, flooop on all things trumpy

When Donald Trump ran in the 2016 Republican primary, … [Haley] eviscerated Mr. Trump as a racist the party must reject: “I will not stop until we fight a man that chooses not to disavow the K.K.K. That is not a part of our party. That is not who we want as president.”

[short time passeth and then…]

By 2021, Ms. Haley was openly embracing her inner MAGA with comments like, “Thank
goodness for Donald Trump or we never would have gotten Kamala Harris to the border.” … “I don’t want us to go back to the days before Trump.”

now she’s running against trump it’s back on the trump is behind us train. republicans: spineless immorality all.

(one source)

23 Likes

Simple. Democrats are not competent by definition (the Biden Rule).

10 Likes

don’t worry about it. this pledge is comparable to a promise to put a soda machine in the cafeteria. WOOO HOOO! nobody will remember this by NEXT November, surely.

8 Likes

Years Nikki Halley has been in political office: 19
Years Donald Trump has been in political office: 4 (3 if you don’t count golf days)

Not that I don’t want to see Trump “retire”, but Halley is certainly more of a permanent politician.

16 Likes

The GOP doesn’t care about facts…

20 Likes

Clearly by men in capes.

16 Likes

Will she encourage septuagenarians like Justice Thomas and Alito to retire soon?

17 Likes

Person, woman, man, camera, TV

14 Likes

I am more interested in where and when the President gained the powers to modify how the legislative branch works unilaterally.

I am not a constitutional lawyer, but I somehow believe that imposing term limits, competency tests or any similar restriction will require a constitutional amendment. Kind of like what it took for direct election of Senators. Or like what it took to forbid anybody who has participated in rebellion against the US from holding federal office.

Of course, I mention that last example completely at random

17 Likes

And why set the age limit at 75? Why not test competency at all ages? Will Haley go first?

15 Likes

Ouch, Trump’s got to be taking that as a personal attack (and he should)… and no doubt will be unable to stop himself from responding.

9 Likes

I have to respectfully point out that none of these points will make a difference to Republican primary voters.

Like all advertisements, you need a “hook” to get people to buy what your selling. This is her hook. And its a simple solution to a complex problem. (Remember “Build The Wall?”

Her political advisers probably workshopped this and told her this is the best shot at putting her on top of the other R candidates. And it was probably hatched by a person like this woman:

Will it work? probably not. But that’s politics for ya.

8 Likes

Top men.

Top. Men.

10 Likes

I suspect she’s banking on it.

5 Likes

She should be reminded that a basic question that’s asked to assess if a patient is altered is 'who is the current president?". Based on that common criteria they are a hell of a lot of Republican politicians who would not be deemed competent.

5 Likes