Nikki Haley resigns as U.N. Ambassador

Or getting clear of.

The Trumpists are on record saying that a war or terrorist attack would be “helpful” in the midterms.

7 Likes
3 Likes

Trump fires Sessions.
Graham replaces Sessions as AG (hilarity ensues).
Haley replaces Graham as SC Senator.
Ivanka replaces Haley as UN Ambassador.
maga!

2 Likes

She’s already been Congressperson and Governor. UN Ambassador was another ticket punched. The next Senate seat up is Lindsey Graham’s in 2020 and he’s not going anywhere. What could she possibly have in the works, especially given that this resignation happened without any warning? The fact that Trump never telegraphed a thing bad about her demonstrates it was a surprise for him also. Did she suddenly get a lucrative job offer? Is she actually a lizard-person and some sort of “Pon Farr” thing is kicking in?

1 Like

Could be to avoid this?

7 Likes

Good to see that Trump doesn’t hold her responsible for the UN laughing at him, right?

6 Likes

This is my thought. This and she wants to be available for any positions that might open up. Senator? Appointed Vice-President by President Pence?

4 Likes
UN Ambassador Nikki Haley might well be the only person in the Trump administration you actually like.
She sounds like your typical republican, from her policy positions when she was a member of the South Carolina House of Representatives:

So, no, not really.

1 Like

Would be the first in the administration to quit ahead of a (possible) scandal. Standard operating procedure seems to be deny, deny and deny some more. They only quit when it’s impossible to do anything else, and sometimes not even then. She would have to have a conscience, but she’s in this administration, so I don’t know…

3 Likes

You are right, that happened a lot, but if memory serves, many of them weren’t politicians, and haven’t gotten back into politics, possibly because of the ‘forced out of office’ thing. I think she wants to avoid that.

The diplomatic stock-in-trade is credibility and respect. When the rest of the world’s top diplomats are openly laughing at your boss’ bullshit …

8 Likes

To bad. She seemed to be one of the good Nazis, or at least competent ones. She seemed to know her own mind and be able to do her job. That in and of itself probably disqualifies her for any other position in this administration. Add that the fact that she is openly a brown female, and I think her Trumpist days are done.

1 Like

Rumor has it that they’re going to get someone really qualified for the job: Jared.

2 Likes

Or not. Apparently she’s been going home every weekend on Government flights.

Kushner should have been the first place my mind went when you said that, but with this bunch the Subway paedophile preceded him as their most obvious choice in my view.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t put it past them even then.

1 Like

The Guardian is reporting that Ivanka ‘feckless’ Trump might be Haley’s replacement.

I figured you were being flip… But in the dystopian reality in which we now dwell, Ivanka is apparently being seriously discussed as a possible replacement. Good grief. Every time I think it can’t get any worse…

7 Likes

jon-rhys-meyers-sad

6 Likes

I was not being flip…wish I were. There will be a possible problem with the nepotism thing, but laws and rules have’t put much of a dent in tRump’s agenda so far.

2 Likes