Noted white nationalist and guy who got punched in the face Richard Spencer is "financially crippled" from lawsuit

I’m curious whether Spencer’s understanding of being “financially crippled” is the same as mine though. I’d hate to think he’s now only stuck with what the average American has instead of being well and truly broke.

18 Likes

I hope he ends up penniless and in the gutter where he belongs. That man is trash, through and through.

There are plenty of good people suffering in that situation I wish I could trade out of that situation to put him into it. Guy is legit scumbag.

3 Likes

I am not going to say I am happy for his misfortune. That would possibly violate community rules. But I will say that my concern for his well being is non-existent and I am indifferent to his troubles and will remain so.

10 Likes

He’s also intellectually and emotionally crippled.

Maybe someone can try punching him again and try for a clean sweep.

15 Likes

So, are his nazi pals going to embrace the courage of their convictions and financially execute him for being financially crippled?

It sounds like this person has already cost his fellow nazis $500,000 during his lifetime. They have posters for that.

2 Likes

There can be only one…

Because of this…

Also, in case people are unaware, Martin Gore’s dad was a black GI…

17 Likes

Oh, this warms the heart…rest of the day will be spent revisiting Depeche Mode with a little smile on my face!

11 Likes

He would look fabulous in a paper hat!

3 Likes

I still think he was elbowed more than punched. If it was a roundhouse/hook punch, you’d have seen contact with the fist hitting the head (or neck), and Spencer’s head would have been moved back. Instead, it seems to me that the hitter made contact with his forearm to elbow straight into the side of Spencer’s head/neck, and you can see Spencer get knocked to his left, not backwards.

Details. He was hit, and it was beautiful!

13 Likes

A punch, by any other name would smell as sweet.

11 Likes

Never gets old.

7 Likes

That’s what I don’t understand about far-right assholes like this; do they really think that Depche Mode or The Rolling Stones or anyone else would actually agree with them? The arts is a fairly liberal-minded sector and there just aren’t many who are like minded. When they are, they’re pretty easy to spot by their… unique talents.

6 Likes

Where is Kid Gramps on recent events? Was he busy defending confederate statues?

4 Likes

The one real beef I have with D-Nice (the DJ) is that he’s the one who ‘discovered’ “Kid Rock.”

5 Likes

Planting a flag on a cesspool and claiming it for your country is no way to go through life son.

8 Likes

I recognize it’s semantics, and am not disputing the beauty. If the article stated he was trampled by wildebeests, I would support the concept of Spencer getting trampled by wildesbeests, but would still feel the need to correct the record. Especially when truth/democracy/science are under attack from "fake news’.

3 Likes

I’m going to have to see him being trampled by wildebeests to see if I agree.

14 Likes

Thankfully, I have no idea.

2 Likes

Meh… I think the “liberalness” of artists is kind of overstated. Some are just better at hiding their political views than others or they make a conscious decision NOT to speak on politics because they don’t want to alienate their audiences. I think it’s just the out spoken artists tend to be on the left or at least liberal, which skews our perceptions. The music industry after all, is like any other industry, seeking to pander to the most people to make the most money in order to keep growing. Having artists agree with their audience - which with regards to rock and pop, is perceived as a youthful one and hence more liberal - is very much a business decision often times. I bet, for example, that there was a ton of testing the waters before Taylor Swift starting making explicitly political statements a few years ago. They (meaning her and her team) likely decided she could stand to loss some of her more conservative fans, as she was moving in a more pop direction anyway (this is entirely speculation on my part, of course - and it also doesn’t mean she’s not earnest in her views, just that she’s smart enough to take her brand into account when she makes a public statement).

8 Likes