Now we know what Grimes saw in Elon

Maybe in the same vein as Leni Riefenstahl. Riefenstahl loved the idea of masculinity, which she saw Hitler as the epitome. Her later work on the Nabu is accepted as a continuation of fascist aesthetics even though the subjects were Black, it still focused on physical “masculinity” and the concept of the noble savage. So Grimes might embrace Nazi ideals without claiming to be a Nazi. And without Riefenstahl’s technical achievements. Anyway, various people support Nazi’s for different (though overlapping) reasons and they are, in turn, Nazis.

2 Likes

The Weeknd Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

She was still a fucking nazi. Fuck her and her boosting of violent genocide.

parks and recreation whats your point GIF

So why should we defend her here… does the reason really matter when we’re in the midst of trying to stop a fascist take over of the fucking world?

9 Likes

pjpPQ0Qv95pAKOW_kxNFA_oznriHyws6tpanl9BczrU

14 Likes

I wasn’t defending her. Maybe I should have pointed out that they are the “artistic Nazi’s”. They might not talk about Nazi politics but still are. Did you read my last sentence?

4 Likes

The tone of your comment until that last sentence was ambiguous and easy to interpret as defending Grimes. Maybe next time, lead off with the “People who do this are Nazis” premise, and then go into the rest. Or, better yet, don’t go into the rest, because, as @Mindysan33 pointed out, it’s kind of irrelevant why she’s a Nazi.

11 Likes

Who cares what kind of Nazis they are?

I’ve had the misfortune of meeting a few people IRL that talk about white culture the way Grimes did here. They all had one thing in common: they were racists. They wouldn’t admit to it, but in private they sure loved racist jokes and talking about all the ways that minorities were inferior. Just my personal experience.

Yeah, no shit. Not a defense that you’re not a Nazi, Grimes.

13 Likes

Yeah, when one of her songs shares a name with a 150-million-album-selling band, maybe don’t use that as an identifier.

10 Likes

Her musical talent and career success are irrelevant to her status as a racist Elon Musk enabler.

8 Likes

I liked some of Grimes’ music and heard of her through her music prior to learning about her relationship with Musk.

You seem to be putting a lot of energy into proclaiming how irrelevant she is.

11 Likes

Yes, her racism is why she’s in the news. And that’s exactly what we’ve been discussing.

So why are you so fixated on her status as a musician? It’s not she’d be a fundamentally better or worse person if you enjoyed her music.

8 Likes

Is she genuinely confused about what “white culture” is predicated on? or is she really a white power person? does the difference matter?

There’s a couple songs of her I like but not many thankfully.

2 Likes

“But only the right kind of non-white people, because I’m pretending that the Egyptian New Kingdom never existed, or they were taught everything by secret white super-science people or aliens or something.“

6 Likes

According to this fan reddit, she had been liking/following a Nazi account, unfollowed due to criticism from fans, then just went back to liking/following the account. There also just seem to be a lot of complaints from her fans about her being a kind of grimy person.
https://www.reddit.com/r/grimezs/comments/18vgaon/grimes_was_following_this_nazi_account_until_we/?rdt=33098

6 Likes

And all along, it was RIGHT THERE in her name!

5 Likes

Yeah I’m not really a fan I just think my youtube music has thrown a couple of her songs into the autogenerated play list that I thought were decent. I think my first awareness of her as an artist came through this site sharing something years ago before she was involved with Elon or before that was even news worthy.

5 Likes

I remember that she did indeed used to be pretty hip with the kool kids, and that a song she said was about her having been sexually assaulted got her some cred too. But now, yeah, she’s stale white bread gone all moldy and gross, bro.

4 Likes

Dude…

snl-cathy-ann-nazis-bad

I’m unsure why you feel the need to qualify the nazi part at all… the nazi part is the bad part.

Yes. I quoted it even.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Because she is? Just because you’re not familiar with her, doesn’t mean she’s not a musician…

And? Are you the only person who’s understanding of the musical landscape matters?

But how will we know that she really sucks unless some dude on the internet tells us he doesn’t know her so she must not matter… /s

I used to enjoy her stuff way prior to her dating Musk, in fact. But what do I know about pop music… It’s annoying that she’s gone down this route, cause she made some interesting stuff prior to this…

season 2 good question GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

I’m gonna guess no. Most people are perfectly aware of the implications of that…

Probably not, but I think she’s aware.

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

9 Likes

White Culture? What business is Grimes in? Popular Music?

@Mister44 Hilda :heart_eyes::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

@Ryan_Smith There is another Season!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:Fan-flooin’-tastic!!!

“We’ve got all kinds of Nazis! Theoretical Nazis, Practical Nazis, Interpretive Nazis, Crypto-Nazis; they are all Nazis!” :+1::+1::+1:

Cheech-Marin-Chet-Pussy-From-Dusk-till-Dawn-150x150

3 Likes

People who listened to Genesis are her grandparents.

“Genesis are an English rock band formed at Charterhouse School, Godalming, Surrey, in 1967.”

2 Likes

We had the books from the first one when it came out until they started doing them for the TV.

I think we heard about them from Cory here.

Also: I don’t think catching stank off Musk has done anything for her music career. Many years ago I would hear her, I wasn’t a big fan but I listened to a bunch of records over the years. I think I’ve seen one release since she hooked up with her fellow Nazi.

4 Likes