NYT: Tucker Carlson was fired for racist text message: "Not how white men fight" but "I really wanted them to hurt the kid"

:thinking:

7 Likes
5 Likes

The Office Yes GIF

A better word than “stupid” is “cynical”. These are people who think the world is a game and whatever you can get away with to win is okay. If manipulating an audience through fear and anger gets you paid, then you should do that and you are stupid if you don’t. It’s the “wolves and sheep” mentality that embodies so much of America right now. It’s the libertarian cancer creeping through society.

If really pinned down on this, I imagine Tucker would say that his audience is stupid for falling for his rhetorical games and that is their problem, not his. He’s “winning” the game of life by succeeding at it. That’s the worldview on display her.

14 Likes

And a zero-sum game at that.

9 Likes

He doesn’t tho. The whole thing ends with “If I don’t care about those things, if I reduce people to their politics, how am I better than he is?”

He’s still seeing the left as lesser than him. “Being a better human” to him means being better than some “Antifa thug” he imagines the victim to be, and by extension of the “not how white people fight” being better than a person of color.

If anything it is showing how the FOX rhetoric was starting to break him. He was going to eventually do something on air they wouldn’t be able to make excuses for, so they cut him loose.

3 Likes

Well sure… viz. the second part of my comment.

Uh ohs.

The president of Media Matters said…

“Perhaps if I tell them that the footage came from a combination of WikiLeaks and Hunter Biden’s laptop, it will alleviate their concerns,”

https://thehill.com/homenews/3990099-fox-sends-cease-and-desist-letter-to-media-matters-over-leaked-tucker-carlson-footage/

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.