Obama endorses Biden

Guantanamo

That was the GOP’s deal. They kept voting money for it in the budget.

Obama did what he could, by ensuring that no new detainees were sent there, and trying to clear out those that were there.

That’s a Ultra-Conservative SCOTUS for the next 30+ years (and, it’s even worse than that, since with the reversal of Chevron deference, it means the SCOTUS, and not the executive, will be the final word in the administration of many laws). This cannot happen.

He’s from a bygone era where tradition and norms are that you don’t make comments about the current administration. He has stuck to this since leaving office only using innuendo and indirect criticism of the Trump regime. It isn’t as satisfying as him just coming out and saying, “what the fuck is with this Trump asshole?” but this is the choice he has made for better or for worse.

5 Likes

Yes this is pretty much the take I have as well.

I don’t think there is any amount of insult or reality that the people who still support Trump would care about though.

These lunatics are marching off the cliff into the woodchipper of Trump’s ego no matter what they hear

2 Likes

Obama endorses Biden

5 Likes

There is at least a reasonable chance that President Joe Biden would listen to experts and try to protect us from the next lethal pandemic. Which, I assure you, is a lot closer than anyone would like to consider at this point.

3 Likes

You tell yourself some interesting stories. Does it help you?

Jesus - if he endorsed someone before it was decided people would be whining that it wasn’t fair he was putting his thumb on the scale.

9 Likes

Sorry, I have nothing to say here. I just saw “45 comments” and that number made me feel queasy…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.