"Obamacare is law of the land" as replacement fails in House

Sure. I’m personally happy about it as I am self-employed and have obamacare myself, so I am glad that it seems like it will be there for another year (even though I don’t get the benefit of the subsidies so I am pissed the prices keep going up).

But we can’t notch this off as a win yet, we just didn’t lose today.

5 Likes

Anyone want to take odds on how long it’ll be till the next morale-boosting Drumpf rally?

4 Likes

Disgusting!
Don’t these weak RINOs realize who’s the turgid boss around here?

2 Likes

Can I at least sing the “You don’t have the votes” song from Hamilton?

16 Likes

Is Saturday free, or does he have another round of Golf Scheduled?

7 Likes

I interpreted that as result of the ‘Father-figure Syndrome’ that effects both women and men during times of stress and conflict. Now that tRump has fully revealed himself as King Scumrat to a wider audience…

2 Likes

Hohoho alright then.

15 Likes
29 Likes

Do you think they’re trying to punish the LGBT community, or Severino?

Either way it’s a dick move, but understanding the base-motivation might be interesting.

4 Likes

What cracked me up during the farce of a negotiation process is that every time a reporter asked, “Well, what are you doing about, say, letting young adults stay on their parents’ policies?” The answer was always either:

The states or
Free market

yeah… that’s why we need a federal law guys…because they ain’t doin’ it.

24 Likes

Don’t worry, they’ll do it once they have to, just like homeless people will get jobs once they have to, and sick people will get healthy once they have to, and how big T became more presidential once he had to…wait…

18 Likes

Not Servino.

Instead of actually including LGBT people directly in the ACA’s non discrimination statement, they included a statement allowing the Secretary to promulgate additional rules in that area.

So they can just be reversed.

4 Likes

Trump humiliated completely as Obamacare replacement fails in House

5 Likes

Really, I just like that tagline.

21 Likes

I wonder how quickly Trump will try to attack “tax reform” next, and how much of a raw deal it will end up being for anyone at or below the median U.S. income levels.

Given the way health care went down, I’d almost expect any tax reform bill to try to fully bring back debtor’s prisons*, institute a tax on being poor, and give the wealthy a yearly tax refund whether they paid taxes that year or not…

* as opposed to the watered-down version that’s been gaining traction

14 Likes

Why would he assign any blame to the party that had 7 years to figure this out?

14 Likes

I prefer John Oliver’s characterization of “shitty Obamacare”

15 Likes

So what Tweeted scandal will he make up tonight to distract everybody?

5 Likes

I preferred his other characterization of it: “thong, thong, thong-thong-thong thong…”

(image spoilered because, just like TrumpCare, some would probably rather not have it shoved at them…)

6 Likes

I haven’t seen much mention that the AARP has been running nonstop ads against the plan.

‘You made a choice. You went into the voting booth. You voted for change. But only change that benefits old people!’

Okay, I made up the last line, but the rest of the ad says that. They were furious about how this boosts rates on old people. And GOP congressmen know better than to piss off well organized rich old white voters who turn out religiously, so that may account for at least a few votes.

I would love to see Trump raging at the AARP, it would be glorious - can someone make him aware this was happening?

11 Likes