"Officer, you don’t want to do that.” — Idaho mom arrested for COVID-19 'Playdate Protest'

No evidence, but it would answer a question I had about who would have called.

5 Likes

Send in the fuckin’ Daleks.

8 Likes

Covid may step in and resolve the problem for us.

Soon to become Usick Elementary.

10 Likes

This man beliefs have literally lead to people dying for his cause. He is truly dangerous to associate with.

5 Likes

It’s worse than just some flavor of hypocrisy, though. The quote from Frank Wilhoit gets to the heart of the matter:

Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect…

Where the “in-groups” and “out-groups” are defined by various things, but primarily by “race” here.

24 Likes

10 Likes

I guess that Bundy should count himself luck that the LEO didn’t “fear for his life” all over the militia camped out on his drive.

@RedVulcan Welcome aboard, comrade! As to why America is so weird; I think that some of it might be a result of reporting. I think (no real evidence to back this up mind you), that most Americans are pretty normal by my UK standards; however, the media (including Boing Boing) only reports the freaks. We don’t get many stories of “Idaho Mum keeps kids at home and entertained for third straight week” or “Community Leader advises compliance with completely rational social distancing rules”.

14 Likes

I love this.

11 Likes

Excellent, an excuse to post and watch this again.

11 Likes

…is the basis of non-violent protest, to refuse to comply, be arrested and inconvenience the authorities.

1 Like

Covid 19 is serving as kind of a Gom Jabbar, and social isolation is the box of pain into which we must put our hand-without withdrawing it. This woman flunks the test. She is a human shaped animal, is all.
https://images.app.goo.gl/ANQhomUeLeiyhoCn7

7 Likes

It seldom applies to suburban white women but it has happened to more melanin rich women in all socio-economic environments.

4 Likes

what does she think, that she’s living in her own private idaho?

8 Likes

Update to this story: a crowd of morons gathered outside the arresting officer’s house to protest.

And - the woman/family in question requested extra police presence in her neighborhood for security.

6 Likes

She’s white. That argument only holds if the person is melanin-enriched.

9 Likes

Recent AP survey:

12% of Americans surveyed believe the coronavirus restrictions go too far.

7 Likes

It’s a donut. If you take the inner circle of that and add a circle of who’s white, it’s another donut.

It’s donuts all the way down.

7 Likes

Nah. They aren’t really into non-Christian religious freedom there. You basically have the freedom to select which brand of Protestantism you want.

4 Likes

That is impressive!!

2 Likes