Official Boing Boing analysis of the 2015 GOP Debate

[Read the post]

4 Likes

20 Likes

You owe me a keyboard.

Wait, phone case.

Well, really just a voucher for LoL embarrassment.

…

Okay, I’ll just take a creme de menthe.

18 Likes

Here (handing you a roll of toilet paper).

8 Likes

I was at the local thrift store once, and an old guy walked up to me and said “Man, there ain’t shit here today!”, and I replied “That’s funny, because all I see here today is nothing but shit!”

And we laughed.

It’s funny how in the American English vernacular “there ain’t shit” and “nothing but shit” can mean the same thing.

(cue Donald Trump talking shit when he don’t know shit.)

22 Likes

What about Trump’s brilliant comeback after Rand Paul said insults based on other people’s appearance were sophomoric? (“Says you, ugly.”)

7 Likes

(watches second gif)

So. . . is this what Mitt Romney meant when he was talking about “the makers” versus “the takers”?

7 Likes

It’s the kind of unamusing that makes me tune out until they’ve settled on a candidate. THEN I’ll start paying attention.

Is that horse’s anus on the ballot?

6 Likes

oblig

12 Likes

That’s English for you. Sometimes things that sound like opposites actually are, and sometimes people could care less about the difference between them.

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/jodyrosen/status/644351671909392384

And Ann Coulter’s analysis:

What. The. Fuck.

8 Likes

@xeni “And this is what it feels like when you vote.”

Voting will feel much better with Bernie.

3 Likes

The first one is a comedian, right?

The second one…is she implying that Democrats overestimate the number of citizens who will vote for Sanders?

I don’t think there’s enough alcohol in the world to cope with the next 14 months of this.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah, their actual answers were much better:

Rand Paul: Suffragist Susan B. Anthony, suffragist

Mike Huckabee: His wife, Janet

Marco Rubio: Civil rights activist Rosa Parks

Ted Cruz: Put Rosa Parks on the $20 bill and keep Alexander Hamilton on the $10

Ben Carson: His mother, Sonya

Donald Trump: Rosa Parks

Jeb Bush: Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher

Carly Fiorina: “We shouldn’t change the $10 dollar bill or the $20 dollar bill. I think, honestly, it’s a gesture. I don’t think it helps to change our history. What I would think is that we ought to recognize that women are not a special interest group. Women are the majority of this nation, we are half the potential of this nation and this nation will be better off when every woman has the opportunity to live the life she chooses.”

Scott Walker: American Red Cross founder Clara Barton

Chris Christy: First Lady Abigail Adams

John Kasich: Nobel Peace Prize-winner Mother Teresa

1 Like

(Shaking my head)

Half of those answers are either a private citizen who happens to be related to the man standing on stage, or non-USA citizens. I can’t even

7 Likes

[quote=“chgoliz, post:14, topic:65795”]
The second one…is she implying that Democrats overestimate the number of citizens who will vote for Sanders? … I don’t think there’s enough alcohol in the world to cope with the next 14 months of this[/quote]

Well, take a few shots because it gets even weirder. Ann Coulter was one of the first pundits to think of Sanders as a serious contender. She kind of called it for Trump as well while the progressives in the audience nearly laughed her out of the studio at the time. Then again, she’s a nut job, so who cares…

1 Like

Are we back to the stopped clock discussion thread again? :wink:

4 Likes

Ha, you totally read my mind. I was thinking that while writing the last sentence.

1 Like