Omarosa 'believed to have as many as 200' tapes of Trump White House conversations

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/16/oh-no-omarosa.html

4 Likes

They are perfect for each other

/s

23 Likes

http://www.gballard.net/lifes_lessons/girl_rattlesnake/

3 Likes

I guess there’s a lesson here about draining the swamp to refill it with meaner monsters.

9 Likes

What doesn’t like a story where everyone is a villain?

10 Likes

So… she basically always had her phone recording whenever she was in the WH.

Color me shocked.

On the one hand this is good because if there’s anything that’s actually useful, it can be subpoenaed.

On the the other hand this is very good because exhibiting willful shadiness of this level means that no reputable business will ever be willing to hire her after all this hoopla dies down.

20 Likes

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free will get you locked up behind bars.

3 Likes

Game of Thrones ain’t got nothing on these folks.

10 Likes

Oh, aside from multiple lawsuits, I see either jail-time or a grave stone in her future.

Good thing Mueller has already talked to her.

5 Likes

Every day we ask ourselves “can it get any weirder?”

And it gets weirder.

[edit: I might add, I assume she was using some kind of mini-digital recorder, and not actual “tapes”-- even on their high-quality sound settings some of those cheap digital recorders can hold days worth of audio, but “200 tapes” probably means “200 distinct files” that could be a minute or two long.]

11 Likes

Every.

Damn.

Day.

19 Likes

Oh sweet Karma, its taken you so long to come to me…

4 Likes

8 Likes

She is the villain we need

5 Likes

Purportedly used a spy pen to do the recording.

1 Like

At least Game of Thrones has a few Starks left to root for. This show is just way too many Joffreys and not enough poison.

18 Likes

Tapes? I doubt she was using tape. But if she was, I salute her effort.

7 Likes

It’s book deals and speaking tours (perhaps motivational?) from here on out.

3 Likes

Too many Joffreys, Ramseys, and Theons, by far.

Maybe even a Walder Frey or two.

That’s her plan, I’m sure.

But “if you wanna make God laugh…”

11 Likes

But Ramsay and Frey knew how to plan ahead, forge strategic alliances, etc. They were sociopaths and murderers but not entirely stupid. Theon even got a bit of a redemption arc.

Joffrey was a spoiled dipshit who took joy in publicly humiliating and alienating his closest allies because he was too stupid to realize how precarious his position was.

15 Likes