Trump campaign going after Omarosa for millions of dollars

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/14/trump-campaign-going-after-oma.html

4 Likes

When you give a crazed, lying lowlife a vote, and give him top job at the White House. It sure hasn’t worked out.

18 Likes

The President of the United States just publicly called an African American woman a “dog”. My brother in law, sister, her oldest son, three of my uncles, 3 of my aunts, 2 of my cousins and both their husbands all must be so proud to have voted for this man to be President.

These people deserve one another.

18 Likes

Yes, it does seem like Trump is projecting more than just a tad…

14 Likes

There’s no need to wonder who’s going to win this particular fight. As with a battle between zombie werewolves and killer robots, we all win.

14 Likes

Not sure an NDA in this situation is even legal.

Also …

89c

19 Likes

This is interesting - this basically is going to test whether an NDA for a presidential appointee is enforceable. I suspect that there will be a lot of legal wrangling over whether, because of this, it should be arbitrated or put to trial, and if it goes to trial, it might be invalidated. Which would probably make Trump shit his britches even harder than usual, because then he’s not protected at all, at least from his appointees.

14 Likes

You beat me to it; there’s been a lot of contention as to whether 45’s usual requisite NDA’s he has everyone sign are legally binding to public servants.

22 Likes

Given that the Supreme Court has ruled that it’s not legal for federal employees to be held to an NDA, it’s quite simple for any judge to rule that the piece of paper she signed is meaningless. But Trump uses lawsuits the way most people use toilet paper so this is old hat to him.

ps – Don — I know you seriously don’t care, but most people trying not to look racist don’t call black people ‘dogs’ in public.

20 Likes

This is a case where I think making a lawsuit will just blow up in interesting ways and more will come out they wont want out.

17 Likes

God, I hope so.

May they all end up poorer and in deeper shit.

18 Likes

If I have read this soap opera correctly, the NDA was signed back during the campaign. Would that make it null and void once they all became public employees?

I don’t think 45 even tries to not be racist. The debate is long over and the facts show that he is 100% Grade-A American racist.

(eta: spelling error)

13 Likes

While I don’t think Trump or his ilk are smart enough to handle this intelligently, there is a huge unexploited loophole in the McGehee and Marchetti cases, as they only cover unclassified communications: that Trump could technically make all communications of his classified per EO 13526, which would be quite difficult to work around.

5 Likes

By emphasizing “Trump for President Inc.” it sounds like they’re trying to make the NDA part of a private company and therefore binding. Whether it becomes null once a for-profit (?) campaign becomes a federal employer (?) is waaaay beyond my knowledge but a very interesting question and full of loopholes.

6 Likes

tumblr_n6tzgcAf9x1r48hglo1_500

12 Likes

Nah, I’m pretty sure he meant it in the 100% sexist way.

8 Likes

but wrong is wrong, and a direct violation of an agreement must be addressed and the violator must be held accountable,” added the official.

Now, about those election rules…

10 Likes

Obligatory “why not both?” gif here ____.

11 Likes

10 Likes

Yeah, by acting like thin-skinned sue-happy loons, you’re in no way making it look like more and more plausible that Omarosa’s got something really nasty on tape, and you’re fucking anxious about it.

12 Likes