Trump campaign going after Omarosa for millions of dollars

Most likely it would apply when they were acting only as private employees, but not when they were performing any duties related to “public servant” status. So pretty much never applicable, with some possible edge-case exceptions.

5 Likes

What’s been amazing about all this is how Trump has tweeted out, numerous times, that he knew from the start that, according to him, Omarosa was crazy, imbalanced, dumb, a “lowlife,” incompetent, couldn’t get along with others, was actively disruptive to others, didn’t show up for work, didn’t get work done, etc. That not only did he know this, that when others argued for her being fired, he defended her, because - his actual words - she said “GREAT” things about him. And that was his defense of her in totality - how she spoke of him in public. Trump willingly admits - in fact, this is his defense - that intelligence, competence, ability, temperament all don’t matter, that only personal loyalty to him matters when it comes to employing people in the White House.

It’s absolutely amazing.

31 Likes

As much as I dislike the woman in question, it’s still obvious misogynoir; bigotry rooted in both sexism and racism.

That said, I hope this lawsuit totally drains her financial resources, whatever they may actually be; it couldn’t happen to a more deserving person.

13 Likes

I’m wondering whether it applies to her as a campaign employee (I assume that she is, or was, one). (EDIT, again – yes, it’s the campaign suing her.) They started the 2020 campaign not long after the last one finished, and I imagine this might’ve been part of the reason for starting it so early*. Now, whether that strategy holds up in court is another story.

(EDIT: Basically what @blissinfinite67 and @nungesser had already suggested. How much of the book covers the last campaign?)

*(I seem to recall some discussion about how the press, individuals etc. have certain protections when they talk or write about Trump the public figure, but those change somewhat for Trump the political candidate, and that that’s the big reason for starting early.)

5 Likes

I think the best thing to do will be to get everyone involved in the same courtroom to work this out like civilized people.

In fact let’s save time and gather everyone from this administration that has been a particular fixture in the news over the past couple of years together in court on the same day so we can resolve any lingering issues all at once and get back to business.

And then chain the doors shut.

6 Likes

If ever there was a desire to see a Glass Key/Yojimbo/Fist Full of Dollars scenario where everyone involved wipes each other out…

12 Likes

30 Likes

11 Likes

Like I said…they deserve one another.

download

11 Likes

That is both my fondest wish, and the best case scenario for this whole entire clusterfuck.

16 Likes
  1. You can’t get blood from a stone.

2. That has to be the most trailer trash-esque post he’s made thus far.

3. Any reason to not dump anything damaging on Trump went out the window. She probably has a book deal in the works.

5 Likes

“Probably?”

5 Likes

LOL. I am obviously oblivious to what books are coming out. Looks like it came out today!

2 Likes

Pretty sure it said arbitration, not law suit, which (unfortunately) means you’ll be eating popcorn in front of a blank screen.

1 Like

Awww dammit.

Red Harvest

4 Likes

Don’t worry everyone. Sanders said that Trump calling an African-American woman a dog publicly is fine…he’s just voicing his frustration.

4 Likes

I wonder if this is what General Kelly was threatening Ms. Manigault with while he was firing her.

4 Likes

Fish%20rots

11 Likes

Hi everyone. I love how some media outlets are discussing with deep sincerity whether or not her recordings were legal and/or ethical. Whelp, that’s all I wanted to say. I’m off to sign out of Skype and my computer, clock out for the day, wave at the security guys on my way out, connect my cell via Bluetooth to my car, pass by gazillions of cell towers, try not to run a red light (what with all the intersection cams and whatnot), use my credit card at the grocery, turn on my lights with my wonderful smart appliances, check my home security footage for the day, log on to Facebook, watch a movie on Amazon and pass out with some booze. Anyone wanna read my log files?

3 Likes