Trump campaign going after Omarosa for millions of dollars

Most likely. I’d also not leave out he possibility they have tapes/dirt of their own on her. It’s how all of them seem to function in a cesspool of distrust and back stabbing.

1 Like

What is stronger , as far as something you need to live up to - an NDA, or an oath?

Seems to be great effort in enforcing these NDA’s , but very little care about respecting the gravity of an oath.

3 Likes

It’s that pesky First Amendment in action. An NDA for government employees is quite literally the government suppressing free speech. But in Trump World freedom of speech only means the kind of speech he likes.

3 Likes

Let the Shitshow begin!

2 Likes

He’s called many women dogs publicly before. It’s always awful regardless of skin color.

3 Likes

Well to be honest, calling women dogs (or bitches) is nothing new and extremely common. It is just is new to hear the President publicly say something like that. :confused: Lowest common denominator, and all that.

1 Like

That has no bearing upon using the word to dehumanize a woman of color; at this point, it’s pretty much a fact that 45 is a bigot and a misogynist. One horrible trait does not negate the other.

9 Likes

NDAs and civil suits aside, I’m surprised that sneaking a recording device into the Oval Office and the Situation Room and secretly recording the president and senior staff is not a violation of some federal law.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t do much against the more general ‘juicy details of the trainwreck’ stuff; but a smarter adversary would probably try to combine the reality-TV-grade NDAs with liberal doses of uninteresting but classified material sprinkled into situations suspected of being at risk.

Beating both the NDA and the espionage case would be markedly less fun than just dealing with one or the other.

There isn’t one, not that I’ve seen; it’s just been opportunistic morons and incompetent grifters, all the way down.

Also it just now dawned on me; whatever happened to her claim that she “quit” rather than being fired? Yet she has recording of Kelly firing her, and one of 45 feigning ignorance about her dismissal…

O_O

2 Likes

I’m not sure that it’s sneaking when its a mobile phone. It just is. They can’t even get John Bolton to mute his phone during a cabinet meeting!

1 Like

There is always a tweet. Always.

8 Likes

To repeat:

“…The man was a deceiver, ever.
One foot on sea, and one on shore,
To one thing, constant? NEVER.

9 Likes

Nope. He’s a horrible person. News at 11.

4 Likes

And so is she.

So are most of the people who are (or were) willing to work for him.

7 Likes

I wish I had the 'shoop skills to make an angry Trump saying “Newman” like Seinfeld. Although some people might not realize it’s her last name.

3 Likes

2 Likes

There’s a very interesting interview with Penn Jilette in a recent Vulture article; besides talking about magic as an art form and his own history, he’s asked about his time on The Apprentice, and he confirms (“Oh, yeah.”) that he’s heard Trump say the things that Omarosa claims. But he rather sensibly declines to give any direct quotes from Trump during that time, given the high stakes of inserting oneself into a dumpster fire of a national conversation by potentially misquoting the President saying something horrible.

4 Likes

“Stop them, Captain Spalding!”
“No, they might exterminate each other!”

5 Likes

Yeah, and we all know “dog” is the watered down version of the word he wanted to use…

3 Likes