Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Well, Ben Carson has been aded to Pence’s COVID-19 team. I guess we can all breath easier now.

14 Likes

As long as my taps function, I have water. If that fails, I have unopened tetrapaks of juice (may grab a couple more when the fire-safety company is done with my apartment tomorrow). I have cough syrup and enough advil for an army (the things you find when cleaning and reorganizing!) and my cupboards is stuffed full of toilet paper. As someone else said, maybe a thing of non-dairy creamer is in order. Again, worst case, I switch to green or oolong tea (I have both).

Panic is not my thing. Anxiety is my thing, but this is an actual logical thing to worry about, so my brain refuses to do so.

19 Likes

Cool. All those medical elements can be stored in a pyramid.

11 Likes

Apparently, he is a decent brain surgeon, but then again, Dr Oz is apparently an outstanding cardiac surgeon.

Smart about one specialty doesn’t mean you’re an expert in all of them. What scares me most is that Carson may end up one of the few people in the room with any medical knowledge whatsoever. Imagine him being the voice closest to understanding how science works for medicine.

20 Likes

BTW… 14 days stuck at home, communicating solely through the Internet and with only the things on hand in my apartment to entertain me? This is an introvert’s idea of a vacation. Have you seen my bookshelves?

29 Likes

If somebody needs an opinion on brain surgery, call him. Where are the public health and epidemiology experts?

17 Likes

The phrase echoes quietly, unheard by the White House…

21 Likes
19 Likes

RI case may be a bigger problem than i originally appeciated.

12 Likes

Right? Throw in some solo fishing/hiking trips and I’m in heaven.

6 Likes

How can you seriously expect that The Invisible HandTM will sort everything out when you give those tests away willy-nilly?

11 Likes

To be honest, only treating those with a good credit rating isn’t really anything new.

11 Likes

I want to address a misconception here: the US is not the only wealthy nation without paid sick leave. I have had lots of jobs that didn’t offer it. You have to decide whether to show up sick or take a hit on your paycheque. Funnily enough, many of those are in foodservice. In other words, the perfect place to ultimately make the maximum number of people ill.

20 Likes

I would be good with that.

11 Likes

You’d just need a grocery drop after the fourth day of pasta and salad dressing. (The one that was at the back of the fridge because you didn’t care for it.)

8 Likes

And now NYC (Manhattan, specifically)

And second death

13 Likes

Yes. Or a programmer’s idea of a normal productive two weeks.

7 Likes
16 Likes

This is looking more and more likely that it is Trump’s Black Swan. Sucks, because so many people will suffer (weren’t we already). But maybe ultimately we will learn.

I was remarking to a friend today how messy humans are. In 100 years, if humans survive, they will look back on our era and marvel at how uncleanly, disease-ridden and low-information we were: even having the information we chose not to act on it.

7 Likes

Introvert here. Can confirm. This sounds awesome!

14 Likes