Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Sportsball is more important than Gramgram’s life according to him

14 Likes
11 Likes

The long version of Scientology’s response

The abbreviated version of their response

19 Likes

Nah, they’re just misunderstood lepidopterists .

6 Likes

Decent episode

9 Likes

Wow!

And I still keep on thinking things can’t get any weirder…

:open_mouth:

5 Likes
27 Likes

I think stores here actually have plenty (Costco literally built an entire aisle out of TP, and then mocked hoarders on social media), but they’re still limiting purchases to stop it from happening again. Milk and a couple of other things also have limits per customer. The one that actually got us was flour, though we only went a day or two before it started appearing again.

15 Likes

All deftly laid out in excruciating chilling detail–blame laid mostly at the feet of private equity fund kleptocrats–here (compiled by Threader), by someone well-known to many on this bbs:

ETA: that thread should probably be called “Why So Many U.S. Hospitals Have Been Screwed, Will Continue To Be Screwed, and Why We Are In Such A Catastrophic Mess; or, Greed Kills, March 2020 Version”

18 Likes

A lot of Finns like to work from home.

17 Likes

Well President Dum Dum has certainly done a great job looking out for his base.

5 Likes

tl;dr: modding a CPAP for intubation. (It’s a long way out on the acceptable risks graph before that’s a good idea, but here we are.)

16 Likes

Well, there are a hella lotta CPAP machines out there, way more than ventilators, so the supply issue would be less problematic.

Conversion and testing though… dang. And training the QAQC testers would be a bottleneck, at least initially.

6 Likes

I had not even considered this aspect. The impact in deep red mining counties will be virtually immeasurable. The fact that they are more likely to buy into the hoax thing will make it even worse.

25 Likes
11 Likes
8 Likes

The political fallout thread is, technically, not just US. I’m not sure what level of trust is needed to actually move posts, or who other than @orenwolf could. Maybe @ldobe and a few others?

3 Likes

Before it gets locked again, I’d like to point out that there IS another thread more appropriate to a lot of the OT posts here:

13 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

I moved the OT posts. Discourse seems to have an issue with lots of flags keeping this thread locked, so it will just lock again right after I reopen it until @orenwolf or another mod cleans those flags up. Sorry, folks.

21 Likes