Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Well that’s a nice thing to share after all those people died in the medical trial

16 Likes
12 Likes
8 Likes
5 Likes

This happens with nearly every infectious outbreak, which is why we won’t really know the full story about the introduction of the disease until some time from now.

Also from the article:

There are now a total of 15,153 cases in Los Angeles.
The sudden spike is a result of a “backlog” of almost 1,200 cases from a single laboratory, according to Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer.

I was just at a zoominar in your neck of the woods (Helsinki), and during the downtime I asked about the huge spike in the Finland death count yesterday. Someone in the group who is knowledgable about such things said it was because they only just got around to reclassifying a bunch of nursing home deaths as Covid-related.

7 Likes

The THL is expected to provide a fuller account of deaths from Covid-19 this week, since national data had not previously included deaths at care homes. The number of care home deaths in the Helsinki and Uusimaa hospital district (HUS) alone is currently estimated at between 50 and 60.

7 Likes

SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) by the numbers
The current SARS-CoV-2 pandemic is a harsh reminder of the fact that, whether in a single human host or a wave of infection across continents, viral dynamics is often a story about the numbers. In this snapshot, our aim is to provide a one-stop, curated graphical source for the key numbers that help us understand the virus driving our current global crisis.

2 Likes

Can’t cite a study for the numbers, but it still seems like a good meme to share with recalcitrant friends and fam.

22 Likes

I think you’re more optimistic about the level of cognitive dissonance they can tolerate than I am.

4 Likes

Personaly witnessed conservatives dismiss any information contraindicating the current talking points, regardless of source, as fake news.

7 Likes

Ajit Pai: “Suck it first responders! Eat shit and die!”

11 Likes

As usual, Wesley was the smartest of pirates.

19 Likes

Phew!

But Mah Au Pair

Just amazing.

Bobby Lewis@revrrlewis

Brian Kilmeade on the temporary immigration ban: “You mentioned yesterday the au pair, Ainsley, for middle class families, they’re going to be allowed to come because they allow people like you to be able to work … he’s showing he’s not tone deaf”

Embedded video

4:39 AM - Apr 22, 2020

Twitter Ads info and privacy

872 people are talking about this

Atrios at 11:30

16 Likes
24 Likes

Another bastard in need of suing.

15 Likes

Is that what the kids are calling it now?

23 Likes

It’s looking to be a single account so far, and most of the claims about coordination, and the tool supposedly used to post in bulk, are looking shaky.

11 Likes

Alahmnat_005

26 Likes

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/home-testing-covid-19-kits-170043610.html

Patients can get the test and swab their own nose, and mail back the test

Or can they?

[Not back on it, still on it.]

18 Likes

Less important than the other news, but it’s the less important stuff that keeps me going.

Now the question is “who fills the gap in the EFL left by Bury?” Barrow were top of the table, but Harrogate Town were close behind. Maybe they could promote both, Stevenage Borough were almost doomed to relegation from the EFL before the season was stopped.

The EFL and Premier League are considering playing behing closed doors and streaming the games. There is probably enough potential money for this to work, even at EFL League Two (fourth tier) level. There is a big financial gap between the EFL and the National League (fifth and sixth tier), which is why the teams want to get this sorted out.

12 Likes