Ongoing coronavirus happenings

I’ll ping about it, but there’s a reason Discourse cuts off topics at 10k, they do tend to get unwieldy, both for anyone trying to catch up, and from a technical perspective.

9 Likes

This is a great reminder to take frequent breaks, especially from this thread. My recommendations:

11 Likes

I recommend kitten therapy. One of our barn cats (the one smart enough to not get trapped and snipped) had kittens and they are so cute and cuddly right now. The world cannot be totally lost if it contains such metaphysical cuteness.

18 Likes

Maybe time to close this thread with a link to a new thread? Sorry, “discussion” (I think “thread” is a Discourse dirty word. I’m surprised they don’t ■■■■■ it.)

3 Likes

I’ve asked for guidance on that front, it may be unrelated, so I want to confirm first.

Apologies for anyone experiencing issues!

11 Likes

State won’t name nursing homes where seniors are dying because it’s … bad publicity?

Business must be protected from its own failings at all costs, apparently.

19 Likes

“I should have wore a mask in the beginning but I didn’t and perhaps I’m paying the price for it now but I know that if it was me that gave it to my wife I know that she forgives me and I know that God forgives me.”

So this is the “personal responsibility” we’ve been hearing so much about?

19 Likes

tenor (2)

20 Likes
14 Likes

Um…that’s NOT The Onion?!

14 Likes

Hardly surprising. I think it’s not particularly dangerous to people who aren’t having a health emergency (but apparently has a tendency to kill those…). If it’s like the malaria stuff I took eons ago the main side effect is that makes you more sensitive to UV radiation :thinking:.

No, I still think he should go with radium. Up the ass. Whichever flaccid sphincter that is.

7 Likes

Even the idiots who suggested hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19 didn’t suggest it as a preventative.

15 Likes

How can we be sure he isn’t just drinking the water in the fishtank?

13 Likes

Yeah. Probably a lie anyway, still trying to drive up the stock price for that shit.

10 Likes

Maybe reporters should ask him to take one of those pills in front of them?

2 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/church-service-exposed-more-than-180-worshipers-to-coronavirus-patient-ca-county-says

“It would be like me going to somebody else that has children and saying to them, ‘You know, I can tell you how to raise your kids better than you can.’ But I can’t, because those children belong to somebody else.”

I don’t even want to think about what he believes he’s allowed to do to his kids.

10 Likes

Topic continues:

13 Likes