Ongoing coronavirus happenings

That, and they’ve got good TV-PR like cops. But when the local GP fails to live up McFancyPants MD, Certified Diagnostic Genius and tells them boring things like “you have high blood pressure”, they don’t like it and express their personal disappointment and displeasure.

In other words, people respect the idea of doctors a lot more than they do actual doctors themselves.

15 Likes

Be careful out there.

5 Likes

Interesting article prepared by the U.K. government in preparation for a flu pandemic, but still relevant

3 Likes

yay-boo

Bingo!

11 Likes

Aargh.

15 Likes

TIL I can still be surprised!

Also: overblown. Good one.

17 Likes

Looks like White House tours are still on.

9 Likes

Question 1 cannot be answered in anything other than guesses, although we prefer the term “estimate.” Best I have seen is 40-70%, but honestly we do not know.

Question 2 is harder. As far as we know, there have not been any folks catch it twice, but we really do not know. There are way too many unknowns with this thing.

17 Likes

Umm, yeah my neighbor is a plumber. He makes considerably more than me. I drive a used Honda. We are not hurting, but hardly rich. My paycheck is fine for us, and I love my job. So it’s all good.

23 Likes

This almost goes without saying, but if you smoke or vape, regardless of what you’re smoking or vaping, you might want to lay off for a while if at all possible.

12 Likes

Anybody else terrified at how the liar-in-chief will mangle the covid-19 situation? I am going to watch this because I feel I have to, but I also have a bottle of good mead for anesthesia afterward.

13 Likes

It’s logistic growth, not exponential growth.

4 Likes

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ):

14 Likes

Crap, just heard Tom Hanks tested positive for coronavirus.

2 Likes

Holy shit is right

1 Like

Well fuck. :cry:

7 Likes

The world has become a SCP incident.

6 Likes
10 Likes

Effectively…
Trump: Yes
Fauci: No.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/anthony-fauci-undercuts-trump-on-the-flu-and-other-coronavirus-assertions/ar-BB113lLV?ocid=spartanntp

4 Likes

And now we know why the Jazz game was called off

14 Likes